The Student Room Group

Will dropping the EPQ qualification affect my university choices?

Hey everyone!

I've just joined The Student Room to ask this question.

At the very end of my AS year (year 12) I was suddenly recommended by one of the heads of my sixth form to undertake the EPQ qualification upon hearing that I intended to go to university after finishing sixth form. However as expected it got neglected due to the extensive demands of my other studies, especially Graphic Communications it has been neglected and with the deadline around the corner I know I'll be unable to complete it.

I emailed the university I received an unconditional offer from about dropping it and they said it wouldn't affect the terms of the offer. I then told the head of EPQ at my sixth form about dropping it and the email I received and for petty reasons I can't remember she said that I can't drop it as it would involve informing all my universities choices, even though I've now accepted the unconditional offer?

Given that the university has given me their word for it though how could it possibly affect the offer? There's really very little reason for completing it now to my knowledge.

Do you guys think I should just tell them about dropping it tomorrow?

Thanks guys!
If the university has said it won't affect your offer then it won't. They know more than your teachers. As you have an unconditional offer, you don't have to worry about the university "keeping their word" - they can't revoke the offer even if they wanted to.
If a university told you (in text) then you can always cite their text back to them later if they recede on their word. Also, like the guy above me said, people who work within the university will always know better than your teachers regarding admissions.

However, you will find the EPQ incredibly useful as it strongly reflects the work undertaken during university.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks so much guys! 👊

I was just thinking the whole time how they can act they know more about the university than the uni itself do aha
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest