Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    In my N5 maths exam I felt extremely ill but still went through with it. I wasn't entirely in the right frame of mind due to a day long migraine. My mother called the school and apparently if I was deemed ill by my doctor something could be done. My doctor noted that I was very ill today (I feel x10 better than yesterday), gave me an antibiotic,and has wrote me a line which will be sent to SQA. My question is, what will happen from here? Will the SQA disregard it and use my exam or will my prelim result be used? I'm so confused

ReputationRep:
    Might I add that it wasn't just a migraine, it was a whole host of other things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morganlove)
    In my N5 maths exam I felt extremely ill but still went through with it. I wasn't entirely in the right frame of mind due to a day long migraine. My mother called the school and apparently if I was deemed ill by my doctor something could be done. My doctor noted that I was very ill today (I feel x10 better than yesterday), gave me an antibiotic,and has wrote me a line which will be sent to SQA. My question is, what will happen from here? Will the SQA disregard it and use my exam or will my prelim result be used? I'm so confused
    I'm not entirely 100% sure, But I think I read somewhere on the SQA website that if you came in, then they'll just go by your result in the exam, even if you were ill. However I'm not too sure.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what will be done as you've already sat the exam but I was too ill to do my maths exam too, so I contacted the school etc and they're sending my prelim and nab results to the SQA along with the line I'm getting from my doctor I think they pretty much just look at those and give me my grade based on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lornc)
    I'm not sure what will be done as you've already sat the exam but I was too ill to do my maths exam too, so I contacted the school etc and they're sending my prelim and nab results to the SQA along with the line I'm getting from my doctor I think they pretty much just look at those and give me my grade based on that
    What did you get in your prelim ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethan100)
    What did you get in your prelim ?
    I got a B in the prelim, not like amazing but I'm actually so glad I couldn't do the exam cause I'd probably end up with a no reward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lornc)
    I got a B in the prelim, not like amazing but I'm actually so glad I couldn't do the exam cause I'd probably end up with a no reward
    hhahaha, I would die for a B in the final :P

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.