The Student Room Group

Anyone already gave LNAT for 2024 entry?

Basically what the title says. Has anyone already written the LNAT for Oxbridge deadline? Or maybe gonna give it in the next couple of days? How's the prep going?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I’m applying to Cambridge and I am sitting my LNAT on the 9th of Oct.
I’m doing well on the MCQ, though the essay is freaking me out a little - not the structure, more so the topics and what they could be on.
Reply 2
Original post by KlaudiaKMB
I’m doing well on the MCQ, though the essay is freaking me out a little - not the structure, more so the topics and what they could be on.

Mines on the 9th as well and I'm also applying to Cambridge! What have you been using for prep for the MCQs??
Reply 3
Original post by skedaddle~
Hello! How's your prep going? I've been using multiple sources for preparation, mostly Arbitio though. Wbu??

I've been using Arbitio but my scores aren't as high as id like them on there. I'm also using the Ultimate LNAT Guide and my scores are much higher in there so I'm hoping the actual LNAT isn't as hard as Arbitio...
Reply 4
Ahh I see, LNAT is definitely not as hard as Arbitio, in fact they've even stated on their website that their tests are harder. Its actually the opposite for me, I'm scoring above average on Arbitio but not as good in the book, so I dont know what to do ;-;

If you are doing well on Arbitio I'm sure you will find the real thing absolutely fine! Good luck
Reply 5
Ahhh mine is on the 11th and I'm applying to Oxford.
Same! The MCQ prep is going good but dear god, the essay section is freaking me out. I know what structure to follow but I struggle to put forward my arguments properly. I'm planning to go through multiple samples soon for this.

Me too. Current news affairs are so varied - these essay questions can be the most random assortment, probably varying from political disputes to abortion to trans rights to COVID. I feel like a political dictionary trying to keep myself on top of everything. Best of luck to you :smile:
Reply 6
So far I’ve used the 400 qs book and the sample questions on the LNAT website. For the last couple weeks I have, I’m going to try Arbitio :smile:

(Original post by zzzz06)Mines on the 9th as well and I'm also applying to Cambridge! What have you been using for prep for the MCQs??
Reply 7
So far I’ve used the 400 qs book and the sample questions on the LNAT website. For the last couple weeks I have, I’m going to try Arbitio :smile:

(Original post by zzzz06)Mines on the 9th as well and I'm also applying to Cambridge! What have you been using for prep for the MCQs??

Mainly the Ultimate LNAT Guide and the LNAT website. I've done 3 tests on Arbitio but they are much harder than the real thing apparently so don't get stressed if your scores are lower on there.
Reply 8
Thank you so much for the reassurance ^~^ Good luck to you as well! Let's keep in touch over the next two weeks if that's okay with you?

Of course! Its so nice to have other people going through the same thing and supporting!!
Reply 9
I have yes, however I find myself getting a bit overwhelmed in regards to topic scope. I see so many sample questions about so many different things that I haven’t a clue which ones to practice. Have you seen any for the 2023 paper?

EXACTLY haha trying to process everything is so tough, I'm just trying to find sample essay questions for it... Have you practiced any essays so far?
Reply 10
Basically what the title says. Has anyone already written the LNAT for Oxbridge deadline? Or maybe gonna give it in the next couple of days? How's the prep going?

My test is on october 4th and im actually freaking out. like i consistently get 19 on arbitio nothing more and nothing less which is so weird. but i always have 40 minutes left over maybe i should actually use all the time lol
Reply 11
Original post by sxo06
My test is on october 4th and im actually freaking out. like i consistently get 19 on arbitio nothing more and nothing less which is so weird. but i always have 40 minutes left over maybe i should actually use all the time lol

this is literally the same as me! Arbitio is definitely harder than the real thing though. Try the mock papers on the official LNAT website bc everyone says they are the most representative of how hard the actual test is.
Reply 12
OMG good luck! 19 on Arbitio is definitely not bad and do try to use those extra 40 mins because they can't be transferred to the essay section! How has your preparation been so far otherwise?

i will def use those 40 minutes! its been pretty good so far im usually good for time on the essay so hopefully all goes well ill def lyk when im done!! im super nervous though and idk if the testing centres have old keyboards or not so im scared if the typing will slow me down.. wbu? hows ur prep??
Reply 13
Original post by zzzz06
this is literally the same as me! Arbitio is definitely harder than the real thing though. Try the mock papers on the official LNAT website bc everyone says they are the most representative of how hard the actual test is.

okay perfect ill def try those out! good luck on ur test :smile: ill lyk how mine goes on Wednesday
Reply 14
Thank you, I appreciate that a lot! Oh, I believe that they will be old keyboards, the ones with raised keys that make it a little hard to type.. I HATE them so so much because I keep making errors with them ;-; My MCQ prep is going pretty well, I've been scoring a 24 as average on Arbitio and using other resources as well... Essay, not so much. I'm scared about section B so much because I have no inkling about what will come

24 is amazing omg! congrats ur gunna kill it!! i hate the old keyboards :frown: like i just want to use my macbook lmao this test is so brutal ill def keep u updated on what my prompts were!
SO TRUE!! There are so many questions, I have no idea which ones to practice, but ig I'll just go through some common ones ig 😅 I havent spoken to anyone who has written the exam so unfortunately not, but if you do, lemme know as well? Less then two weeks to go and I'm T-T

Me too I’m on Oct 9th and ngl I’m so nervous!!! I was speaking to a friend and her brother sat the LNAT. He said the difficulty depends on the day you go; he knew people who went a different day to him and the essay questions shuffled and were significantly easier (more common topics) than the ones he had. I will let you know!!
I am on October 5th and so scared. Are the Official LNAT guidebook's questions typically easier than the actual LNAT? I find that some of them are suspiciously easy...

Mine is on the 9th aswell so scared for the essay
Arbitio discount code: 10Damian

Hey ! I gave it in early sep IT WAS SO LIKE STRESSFUL AND EXCITING like i rmr tht 30 secs were left nd i had to fix one more typo in my essay and kaboom my heart rate omgg !! the essay i did was on 'if the law should limit religion', dnt be too stressed ab it tho :biggrin: ull ace it lmk how it goez <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending