The Student Room Group
I'm a girl, and here is my photo. Yes, i know i look scary. I'mhoping to get an xmas job playing various villains in pantos and cultivate this look deliberately, of course.

By the way, amy-alys, are you french? do yo ulive in france?

rosie
Reply 381
IYSS :s-smilie: Had an orchestra last time I was there.
And I doubt they'd really be stupid enough to get rid of the orchestra and trust a machine. Especially since Les Mis has been tweaked to the extent that it is indefinitely profitable (therefore should run indefinitely!)
crana
I'm a girl, and here is my photo. Yes, i know i look scary. I'mhoping to get an xmas job playing various villains in pantos and cultivate this look deliberately, of course.

rosie

Either i'm drunk or that pic is blurry.

MB
Acaila
IYSS :s-smilie: Had an orchestra last time I was there.
And I doubt they'd really be stupid enough to get rid of the orchestra and trust a machine. Especially since Les Mis has been tweaked to the extent that it is indefinitely profitable (therefore should run indefinitely!)

Look, I know there guy who played trumpet there for 12 years. He is also big in the MU (Musicianss union).

MB
Reply 384
Hmmm my brass tutor also played trumpet there. When did you friend play?
musicboy
Either i'm drunk or that pic is blurry.

MB

It doesnt seem particularly blurry to me, a bit grainy though.
Reply 386
i saw a play done by the drama a level students at school (it was their performance piece in front of the examiner) and it had the wierdest ending. This guy comes on stage and shoots this other guy, then that guy's wife comes on, sees his husband is dead and shoots the other guy. Then two guys come along and see their boss dead on the floor and then they stab the woman, and then some other woman shoots the two guys and then some guy poisons himself, and then nearly all the remaining characters come on stage and die in some odd fashion, and then the last remaining woman says some speech and kills herself.

it was the best ending of a terribly confusing play i've ever seen!
Reply 387
Was it Hamlet by any chance?

My actual performing exam is 45% of my mark! Eeeeeeeek!!!!! :eek:

Plus I have to help write and direct a play to pass the course. So far I'm the narrator, a bird and a hippie :rolleyes:
Reply 388
no it wasnt a classic...it had an obscure name!
Reply 389
Sounds......obscure :biggrin:

We're doing Antigone by Sophocles and some Scottish plays for ours. I hope they're good :smile: (don't get a chance to read any of them for a while).
crana

LOL no! what made you think that?:confused: see my location.......................................................................^
i've lived in devon all my life!:smile:
scarlet ibis
LOL no! what made you think that?:confused: see my location.......................................................................^
i've lived in devon all my life!:smile:

I was sure your email address was @voila.fr... lol..and alys looks kind of french! maybe im thinking of someone else then!

sorry:smile:

rosie
lol! ok see what you mean!

the voila.fr is cos i liked the sound of it, more interesting than hotmail.com anyway!
the alys of amy-alys is actually the welsh for alice, but i can see that it could sound kinda french!
scarlet ibis
lol! ok see what you mean!

the voila.fr is cos i liked the sound of it, more interesting than hotmail.com anyway!
the alys of amu-alys is actually welsh, but i can see that it could sound kinda french!

aha! :smile:
the mystery is solved :smile:
hehe

my email address is now @gmail.com! yay:biggrin:
Acaila
Hmmm my brass tutor also played trumpet there. When did you friend play?

His name is Pete Cameron. Doubt he's the same person as you live in Scotland and i'm in london.

MB
Reply 396
I didn't think that. I just wondered if they had played together. And my teacher lived in London at the time.
Reply 397
musicboy
If we're doing musicals we have to do sweeney todd (sondheim) or some other sondheim. I am trying not to think about music now - I had a text this morning asking me if I could play trumpet in a school verssion of Handel's Messiah. I am not really a trumpeter but can play the stuff but it is so horribly conssistently high.

MB

helo. i know im a bit late, but i could sing "i know that my redeemer liveth" from messiah if needed <grin> this has turned into a music thread somewhat hasnt it? :rolleyes:
Reply 398
Thread hijacker? Moi? {looks innocent and angelic}
Fluffstar
helo. i know im a bit late, but i could sing "i know that my redeemer liveth" from messiah if needed <grin> this has turned into a music thread somewhat hasnt it? :rolleyes:

No neeed but thanks anyway - it wa just that a trupet player dropped out and I was the best brass player they could find and I don't mind high stuff. I think the thread hijack might have been mine. Sorry,

MB

Latest

Trending

Trending