The Student Room Group
also a quick reminder to get your student bank accounts set up.

HSBC are doing the free 5yr railcard again this year but you have to get it sorted before 21st august.

they are quite incompetent though, don't expect it to be a speedy process...

you can get cash instead (£50?) but only if you have an uncond. offer i think. Natwest have cash too.

HSBC lady said if you wanted to get the increased overdrafts each year you have to get your loan paid into that account cos they take that into account (haha) when deciding if or how much overdraft they should give you.

if you dont like them tho my bf got the railcard for joining up then left uni in feb so obviously doesnt haev a student bank account anymore and he still has the railcard (which is worth ~ £90).....so well worth having!
Reply 581
gzftan
I think there is one actually...but i don't think anyone uses it
lol

G

Ok..well...there WAS one about 4 months ago..i think it has since been closed :frown:

G
Reply 582
crana
also a quick reminder to get your student bank accounts set up.

HSBC are doing the free 5yr railcard again this year but you have to get it sorted before 21st august.

Cheers...i didnt know there was a dealine...but i'll definitely get the rail card.....save so much money which can be spent on food!!!:smile:

G
oo and another thing

if you give blood....wait so that when the ben & jerrys blood giving thing comes to Cambridge, you can give blood then.. AND GET FREE ICECREAM, yes, it's true. and you still get the biccys and cup of tea as well. you wouldnt want t o give blood just before they came and then be diddled out of your icecream cos of the 3 month thing.........now would you??

rosie

(i have strange paranoias about losing my last memory cells against a pernicious disease and having them tossed down the drain)

(i also have strange paranoias about not really being dead and tore up my donor card)
Reply 584
crana
oo and another thing

if you give blood....wait so that when the ben & jerrys blood giving thing comes to Cambridge, you can give blood then.. AND GET FREE ICECREAM, yes, it's true. and you still get the biccys and cup of tea as well. you wouldnt want t o give blood just before they came and then be diddled out of your icecream cos of the 3 month thing.........now would you??

rosie

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Good good....free ben & jerry's....what more could i want form life! :tongue:

G
Reply 585
Willa
well irc would be easiest, but not everyone has that, cos it doesnt necessarily run through your browser....one sec, i'll see if i can set one up

Any luck yet??

G
Reply 586
well it's easy enough if people have an irc client, i could write a crude php server client system and dump that on my website, but i dont like crudeness....i'll work on it the next few days and post it on my website later.
Reply 587
Willa
well it's easy enough if people have an irc client, i could write a crude php server client system and dump that on my website, but i dont like crudeness....i'll work on it the next few days and post it on my website later.

Okey dokes....i don't know what an irc thingy is though???:confused:

G
Reply 588
gzftan
Okey dokes....i don't know what an irc thingy is though???:confused:

G

me either :smile:. chatroom sounds cool - this thread is getting longer by the minute!
Reply 589
Fluffstar
me either :smile:. chatroom sounds cool - this thread is getting longer by the minute!

Hehehe...i'm proud of it....it's almost like my secret lovechild..except its not secret..and its not my lovechild...but you get the gist :tongue:

G
Reply 590
gzftan
Hehehe...i'm proud of it....it's almost like my secret lovechild..except its not secret..and its not my lovechild...but you get the gist :tongue:

G

:smile: well i have to go find a job - looking forward to the chatroom!!

byee everyone!
Reply 591
Fluffstar
:smile: well i have to go find a job - looking forward to the chatroom!!

byee everyone!

Lol...good luck..i should be finding one too..but hey...pizzz's in the oven..i ain't going anywhere till 2:35 :tongue:

Diagnosis murder is on then too....perfect timing:tongue:

G
I'm doing all my ebay listings for thursday - free listing day, yeah!

If anyone wants some uber-cheap music t-shirts, give me a shout..
just came back from having my lunch (cheese and tomatoes on toast - yum - i'm eating like a student already!) and the thread's got to 30 pages:eek: :biggrin:

am slightly worried about my loan application thingy. are we supposed to get some sort of feed back yet?
i'm going to get a smile student account. its got the best rates and is ethical! tried set one up recently, but you have to have a confirmed place. darn!
Reply 594
scarlet ibis
just came back from having my lunch (cheese and tomatoes on toast - yum - i'm eating like a student already!) and the thread's got to 30 pages:eek: :biggrin:

am slightly worried about my loan application thingy. are we supposed to get some sort of feed back yet? i'm going to get a smile student account. its got the best rates and is ethical! tried set one up recently, but you have to have a confirmed place. darn!

hehe....it just keeps growing and growing.

Willa and Crana i think it was have heard about their finance thing so far...i still haven't...but i did get a letter saying they're processing it. And the damn internet site still isn't working..so i can't track my application.:mad:

Hopefully it'll come through soon.

G
i like the idea of a ukl chatroom, but willa's been confusing me with his net-speak!
Reply 596
How could I have missed out 30 pages of exciting stuff :eek: . Shame on my holidays
Reply 597
quick explanation of my net speak:

a common form of internet chat is called "Internet Relay Chat"...IRC for short. It's the biggest type in the world, and the best, although it doesnt work that great through web browsers. If you lot want to download an IRC client, such as mIRC (www.mIRC.com), then we could all chat together using that. It's quite simple once you get used to it!
Everyone... just been looking at the 1st page and the list..

we are in great need of

1) people's proper 1st names
2) people's pics

come on.. I can't shout across the college bar "Oi, is that *strange username*?" now can I. Plus I wouldn't even recognise you in the first place if you don't put your pic on!
Reply 599
My first name = Will (Not that hard to guess from my name :tongue:)
my pic...the best one of me is in the times last wednesday, i'm still trying to get a mate to scan it in, i'll put link up when i get it.

Latest

Trending

Trending