The Student Room Group
Alaric
I think I got a bit of a reputation amongst natscis in my college, I tended to regard going to lectures to being a bit like going to the cinema. I'd sit there munching breakfast and not paying much in the way of attention to doing anything like taking notes :tongue:.

No wonder you didn't get first :biggrin: (or if you did...)
Reply 7981
Camford
Could have been worse. I have 3 lectures on Thursday morning and 2 hours of practical in the afternoon. But that's not the worst I've ever experienced. I remember back in China, the school used to make you stay from 7:30 to 12:00 then 14:00 to 19:00.

Haha, well, that's why you left eh:wink:

ok ok i can beat tyou:

wed:
1 hour lecture
4 hour practicals
2 hrs supervisions

:frown:

monday i have lecture, 4 hrs of practicals (but its actually more than this probably), PLUS taking my computer to the techy people, PLUS a doctor appointment *sobs*
crana9
ooh, what do you normally make? i dont really know what to do with them to be honest. everyone, share your gyp-room-suitable recipes, i refuse to eat in hall unless ihave to, it is pretty disgusting!

submissions must be
1) tasty
2) cheap
3) not involve me in hours of searing rouhnd sainsburys trying to find obscure thing

camford, you can pinch some of my PB/honey if you must for your bread :wink: I dont eat ham tho.

Stir fries are not exactly cheap. But if someone can disable the alarm then I'll ask my dad how to do stir fries in a normal source pan (source??).
Reply 7983
Camford
Stir fries are not exactly cheap. But if someone can disable the alarm then I'll ask my dad how to do stir fries in a normal source pan (source??).

well, it depends what you put in them does it not? (its saucepan). you can coko them in there, its just not as fast or whatever, but its still edible.

have you got a pen i can borrow there? chuck one oevr ify ou do
crana9
Haha, well, that's why you left eh:wink:

ok ok i can beat tyou:

wed:
1 hour lecture
4 hour practicals
2 hrs supervisions

:frown:

monday i have lecture, 4 hrs of practicals (but its actually more than this probably), PLUS taking my computer to the techy people, PLUS a doctor appointment *sobs*

I've been told not to do supervisions on Thursday. So, no supervision for me. I have a 4 hour practical timetabled for physics on monday. But I only have 1 lecture on that day. Maybe supervisions for CompSci subjects to follow, cos the dos has not arranged any yet.
Reply 7985
crana9
ooh, what do you normally make? i dont really know what to do with them to be honest. everyone, share your gyp-room-suitable recipes, i refuse to eat in hall unless ihave to, it is pretty disgusting!

submissions must be
1) tasty
2) cheap
3) not involve me in hours of searing rouhnd sainsburys trying to find obscure thing

It's a variation (mine) on what my parents always called peasant pasta for reasons that aren't apparent.

It basically involves the amazingly difficult task of cooking lots of onion in some oil with chillis, then adding tinned tomato and some cooked chicken if you like. Lastly adding some tinned green lentils and serving once all cooked and tasty with some wholemeal spagetti, or pasta shells.

It's rather simple, but I'm fond of my spicy food and it isn't too bad in the way of vegetables. More vegetables could be added I guess, but none of my friends actually like mushrooms :rolleyes:
Reply 7986
it sounds good, i may attepmt that. we are strictly banned from FRYING OR COOKING IN OIL which besides BEING DANGEROUS IS ALSO CONSIDERED ANTI SOCIAL you see. but they dont seem to have noticed so far.

I still need a damn pen
crana9
well, it depends what you put in them does it not? (its saucepan). you can coko them in there, its just not as fast or whatever, but its still edible.

have you got a pen i can borrow there? chuck one oevr ify ou do

Well, I guess you know the answer by now.

Although there are other things one can do with a saucepan. If you are a vegiterian then, I'll really have to think hard to remember anything that I really like which is full of veg and cheap. I'll get my inference engine to work on that.
Reply 7988
Camford
Well, I guess you know the answer by now.

Although there are other things one can do with a saucepan. If you are a vegiterian then, I'll really have to think hard to remember anything that I really like which is full of veg and cheap. I'll get my inference engine to work on that.

yes im a vegetarian... get thinking then. i have some straw mushrooms!! and osme other random things in tins and suchlike.

alaric i might actually make that yknow cos i think i have everything i need for it. hurrah!
Alaric
It's on Newmarket Road, up past the big roundabout and beyond the grafton by about half a mile.

http://www.multimap.com/clients/browse.cgi?client=tesco1&local=&GridE=546483&GridN=258909&dist=1.1

Can I find twixt in that place? And mayanaise, sweet corn and maybe green pepper and tomato? And may be a big saucepan?
Reply 7990
Camford
Can I find twixt in that place? And mayanaise, sweet corn and maybe green pepper and tomato? And may be a big saucepan?

Twixt? do yu mean like Twix the chocolate bar?

try the market for green peppers & tomatoes :smile:
crana9
yes im a vegetarian... get thinking then. i have some straw mushrooms!! and osme other random things in tins and suchlike.

alaric i might actually make that yknow cos i think i have everything i need for it. hurrah!

I have something I really really really really like in my head, but it cost a futune to make in the place where veg cost more than meat. Plus there are something you can only find in a chinese shop and that too will set you back at least 4 pounds. But, I can always make rice the way Chinese people make.
crana9
Twixt? do yu mean like Twix the chocolate bar?

try the market for green peppers & tomatoes :smile:

Not chocolate bar. Pasta. Twist or twixt? or is it some other name.
Reply 7993
crana9
it sounds good, i may attepmt that. we are strictly banned from FRYING OR COOKING IN OIL which besides BEING DANGEROUS IS ALSO CONSIDERED ANTI SOCIAL you see. but they dont seem to have noticed so far.

What?!?!?!

That's ridiculous, I couldn't live without frying! How can you cook anything.
Reply 7994
Camford
Not chocolate bar. Pasta. Twist or twixt? or is it some other name.

They usually have pasta twists, also known as fusilli in the 'burys.
Alaric
What?!?!?!

That's ridiculous, I couldn't live without frying! How can you cook anything.

Boil some vegitables? Imagine the Chinese people don't know what cooking oil is...
Reply 7996
Camford
I have something I really really really really like in my head, but it cost a futune to make in the place where veg cost more than meat. Plus there are something you can only find in a chinese shop and that too will set you back at least 4 pounds. But, I can always make rice the way Chinese people make.

Have you found the Chinese supermarkets on Mill road yet?
Alaric
They usually have pasta twists, also known as fusilli in the 'burys.

The kind that's about 4cm in length and looks like 3 identical pieces moulded together?
Alaric
Have you found the Chinese supermarkets on Mill road yet?

I got the address and it's resting on the thingy that's next to my bed. But, it's expensive stuff!!
Reply 7999
Camford
The kind that's about 4cm in length and looks like 3 identical pieces moulded together?

lol, yes, thats fusili. i have some in my cupboard in fact, its the kind asda do in their smartprice range :wink: its like 20p a bag.

alaric, i cope mainly by ignoring the rule :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending