You're out on a crusade to annoy me you are :tongue:
Reply 1081
Acaila
{glowers at G}

You're out on a crusade to annoy me you are :tongue:

Aaaaawwwwww..i'm sorry........:frown:

Here's a hug for you again then.....[hugs acaila] :tongue:

G
Geoff - I did get your PMs, but UK-L is currently timing out before I can reply to them so you'll have to wait for a response!
crana
good plan

If i had a bike (and a basket) I would probably bring them, but since I don't, i think it makes more sense for me to wait & see if I do need one or not.

Is anyone else on here leaving a boyfriend or girlfriend "back home"?

Yes :frown:

Sad, very sad! :smile:
crana
im sure you will meet some beautiful young cambridge lass:smile: (or lad!)

have you checked out the cambridge internet dating site? in dont remember where it is, but its hilarious

Lad, I'd say :redface:
Reply 1086
katiyakat
Geoff - I did get your PMs, but UK-L is currently timing out before I can reply to them so you'll have to wait for a response!

Lol..ok then...patience is a virtue apparently....:rolleyes:

:tongue:

G
Reply 1087
polthegael
Lad, I'd say :redface:

Lol..you wish i was gay..then you'd have a chance :tongue:

Only joking!:biggrin:

G
just woken up to notice i have a lovely set of maths and electrical circuit work to get through from Girton. anyone else recieved prelim work yet (engineering)? for the most part it doesn't look too bad, just depends how long ago or how much mechanics you did.
although i was under the impession that i would recieve this work in a couple of months time when results come out??
Reply 1089
ainsworth
just woken up to notice i have a lovely set of maths and electrical circuit work to get through from Girton. anyone else recieved prelim work yet (engineering)? for the most part it doesn't look too bad, just depends how long ago or how much mechanics you did.
although i was under the impession that i would recieve this work in a couple of months time when results come out??

I (law) haven't received anything yet..but i suppose that's because you can't really set prelim work for law.

Maybe it means that they really want you...so they don't mind what grades you get...wouldn't that be great!:smile:

G
Reply 1090
KHL
caius lawyers do not need a bike in the first year. harvey court is about 5 mins or less from law faculty. (unless you're unlucky enough to get rose crescent or green street, in which case, sain's is just outside your door, but your faculty is across town... :rolleyes: )

You're at Caius right? one question....the balance of male:females...i've heard it's something like 60:40???? Is it really that noticeable when you're actually there??

G
gzftan
I (law) haven't received anything yet..but i suppose that's because you can't really set prelim work for law.

Maybe it means that they really want you...so they don't mind what grades you get...wouldn't that be great!:smile:

G

lol, it would be nice to nice to think that but they just gave me a standard offer of 3 A's (is that lowish relatively?? the only other person i know going to cam for engineering for offered AAAB). anyway, must be off. i'm due round my gf's in about 20 mins.
Reply 1092
ainsworth
lol, it would be nice to nice to think that but they just gave me a standard offer of 3 A's (is that lowish relatively?? the only other person i know going to cam for engineering for offered AAAB).

Everyone i know who has an offer for Cambridge is at least AAA...i know one person with AAAA!!!!:redface:

I'm lucky i dropped chem...otherwise i'm sure that if i still got an offer..it would be AAAA and then i'd definitely not get in!!

G
Reply 1093
gzftan
You're at Caius right? one question....the balance of male:females...i've heard it's something like 60:40???? Is it really that noticeable when you're actually there??

G

erm... i don't think so... but that's personal opinion. you just hang out with friends, and do not go... "oh, there are 6 guys and 4 girls in the room! :eek: " although admittedly, my house next year has 11? 12? guys, and 1 lady of the house. i blame this squarely on the engineers (with whom the medics are bunking in the house in question) - there are no female engineers in our year.

to be honest, i think the sex ratio might be even more skewed than 60:40, but i'm not too sure, never bothered me.

the only time it has ANY effect at all is sometime in lent or early easter when all the guys (or girls) start proposing to people to get married for college families... then you get some people who end up either bachelors, or two-father families (though some people do not take part in the college parenting scheme and this helps balance the sex ratio somewhat...)

and if you're worried about finding a gf, newnham (i.e. girl central) is but 5 minutes away on foot... :biggrin: though a significant number of my college friends seem to be headed for new hall instead... absolutely no idea why...

'sides, law is quite a "balanced" subject, it's the compskis and engineers you have to watch out for... they don't see skirts much... :redface:
Reply 1094
KHL
erm... i don't think so... but that's personal opinion. you just hang out with friends, and do not go... "oh, there are 6 guys and 4 girls in the room! :eek: " although admittedly, my house next year has 11? 12? guys, and 1 lady of the house. i blame this squarely on the engineers (with whom the medics are bunking in the house in question) - there are no female engineers in our year.

to be honest, i think the sex ratio might be even more skewed than 60:40, but i'm not too sure, never bothered me.

the only time it has ANY effect at all is sometime in lent or early easter when all the guys (or girls) start proposing to people to get married for college families... then you get some people who end up either bachelors, or two-father families (though some people do not take part in the college parenting scheme and this helps balance the sex ratio somewhat...)

and if you're worried about finding a gf, newnham (i.e. girl central) is but 5 minutes away on foot... :biggrin: though a significant number of my college friends seem to be headed for new hall instead... absolutely no idea why...

'sides, law is quite a "balanced" subject, it's the compskis and engineers you have to watch out for... they don't see skirts much... :redface:

Cheers for the info....i'm not worried about finding a gf..in fact i'm not even thinking about it....i just heard tales that there were loads of blokes compared to girls in caius..just wondered if it really affected college life.

What's that thing about marrying and proposing?!? :confused:

G
Reply 1095
College parents who look after freshers. Should be a kinda fake marriage. Helenia seems to know a lot about it.
I think at Robinson it's aunts and uncles though.
Reply 1096
Acaila
College parents who look after freshers. Should be a kinda fake marriage. Helenia seems to know a lot about it.
I think at Robinson it's aunts and uncles though.

Ah!! Ok then...i think i know..the parenting scheme thingy?!

G
Reply 1097
Yeah that's it :smile:
Reply 1098
Acaila
Yeah that's it :smile:

Ok then..that's cool...i was worried for a minute there..thought it was a cambridge tradition to get married by easter or something?!:tongue:

G
Reply 1099
Hehe that sounds....interesting. My boyfriend would go absolutely nuts with a sniper rifle if anybody tried to marry me

Latest

Trending

Trending