The Student Room Group
I need to do something that's mildly productive, or implicitly mildly productive... sleeping will do.
Reply 11241
Camford
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

How much more difficult can ML get?

It's not really about programming in ML, it's more about how you make a sensible programming language and reason about its theoretic properties, like from IB semantics:

<while B do X,s> -> <if B then X; while B do X else skip,s> is the first step in decomposing a while loop into having the correct semantic meaning in little step semantics. You'd then apply different rules and decompose it further to your base assumptions. You do similar stuff with types.

Denotational semantics is less symbol pushing and more domain theory than before, and I don't get it :smile:

A.
I'm feeling less worried now, as if. Thank you.
Reply 11243
*edges away slowly from strange random mathmatical symbols that seem to have overtaken thread..*
priya
aghhh!!! so annoyed! we were ahead of hughes hall all the way, even whilst on the outside of the bend....and then our timing went. we lost by a gnat's bottom!! grr!!!

wrists and legs are SOOOOO sore!and i'm soooo tired. and have to finish essay and go to newnham to hand it in!! aghhh!!! but then i will do xmas shopping :-D :-D need an outfit for RAG xmas formal on tues night...woo!

Heh, I did wonder who had won actually, cos we were sat at the P&E when you guys finished, and really couldn't tell! We won our first race, though really only because they crabbed about halfway and we got a fairly large advantage. Our 2nd one was against Queens' and unfortunately we crashed right at the start, so they got way ahead. However, once we'd recovered from that, we rowed absolutely beautifully, and made up so much ground on them, we'd have kicked their arses if it weren't for the start :frown:

But at least it means I'm back home in my nice warm room now, and have plenty of time to get ready for BCD :biggrin:

So Nicky, Rosie - Biological stuff! I can do that!
Reply 11245
oooh! you saw us!! i was bow!! with the hoodie!! :-D

well done on your race by the way!
Reply 11246
priya
*edges away slowly from strange random mathmatical symbols that seem to have overtaken thread..*

Why do I always get the blame for maths taking over the thread :tongue:

All I'm trying to do is help people damn it! I would much rather talk about other things, with the possible exception of boating!

So change of tack, hoodies are great aren't they. I love hoodies, I wear them like everyday, but wearing them in the Cellars on an ents night whilst dancing was a really bad idea. I picked it up this morning and it still mings with sweat :frown: I think that's going to have to have a wash or two before I can wear it again! Ick.

I think I prefer women's styles of hoodies, as mens tend to have pockets on the front or even zips, and they're not as good.

Is this a better topic of conversation than maths?

A.
Alaric

A.

Yes. Computers!! :biggrin:

Not really. I'm seriously bored. Currently flirting with the idea of committing suicide, again. Nothing surpirsing there...

I have super tomorrow morning at 10:30. Must be the first case ever in history... maybe the 2nd, some unlucky people got the 9:30 slot.
MSN Webmessenger isn't working.... :frown:
Reply 11249
Alaric

All I'm trying to do is help people damn it! I would much rather talk about other things, with the possible exception of boating!

So change of tack, hoodies are great aren't they. I love hoodies, I wear them like everyday, but wearing them in the Cellars on an ents night whilst dancing was a really bad idea. I picked it up this morning and it still mings with sweat :frown: I think that's going to have to have a wash or two before I can wear it again! Ick.

I think I prefer women's styles of hoodies, as mens tend to have pockets on the front or even zips, and they're not as good.

A.

yes, yes it is. i thank u

my hoodie has a pocket on the front! it's a general boat club hoodie though....but it's so comfy! and i could imagine wearing oen in a hot sweaty people filled place could be somewhat uncomfortable.
Reply 11250
Alaric

A.

NONONONO zips and pockets are GOOD!

Zips make it so much more flexible and you look less silly taking it on . off. an d pockets...WHERE ELS E DO YOU PUT YOUR HANDS!??!?!

None of my current hoodies have pockets :frown: (I have a high loss rate of hoodies :frown: ) and one only has one pompom
crana9

Zips make it so much more flexible and you look less silly taking it on . off. an d pockets...WHERE ELS E DO YOU PUT YOUR HANDS!??!?!

None of my current hoodies have pockets :frown: (I have a high loss rate of hoodies :frown: ) and one only has one pompom

I don't even have a hoodie... even worse, I don't even know what a hoodie is! :eek:
Helenia
Heh, I did wonder who had won actually, cos we were sat at the P&E when you guys finished, and really couldn't tell! We won our first race, though really only because they crabbed about halfway and we got a fairly large advantage. Our 2nd one was against Queens' and unfortunately we crashed right at the start, so they got way ahead. However, once we'd recovered from that, we rowed absolutely beautifully, and made up so much ground on them, we'd have kicked their arses if it weren't for the start :frown:

we got disqualified because we veered off course after someone caught a crab. sooo unfair, we were about 4 lengths ahead! :frown:
Reply 11253
hoodie- baggy sweatshirt style thing with a hood built into it, made of same sweatshirty material. boat clubs/university/various other societies have them, emblazoned with thier logos/names/whatever on them.
Reply 11254
amateurish
we got disqualified because we veered off course after someone caught a crab. sooo unfair, we were about 4 lengths ahead! :frown:

what college were u?
priya
hoodie- baggy sweatshirt style thing with a hood built into it, made of same sweatshirty material. boat clubs/university/various other societies have them, emblazoned with thier logos/names/whatever on them.

em... I see... not attracted to hoodies...
Reply 11256
priya
yes, yes it is. i thank u

my hoodie has a pocket on the front! it's a general boat club hoodie though....but it's so comfy! and i could imagine wearing oen in a hot sweaty people filled place could be somewhat uncomfortable.

Good good!
I've got a few hoodies, the Clare one with a zip is a bit :smile::smile::smile::smile: because the zip doesn't stay straight (it's warped a bit). My grey one and my clare cellars one have pockets which aren't too bad, the thing is I don't trust things to not fall out of those pockets so I never use them! My favourite hoody is a very lightweight plain charcoal one with no pockets or zip, but sadly it now has holes around the wrists and a massive hole on the elbow so it looks pretty scruffy :frown: and so I can't wear it as often.

crana9

Firstly, why would you ever take a hoody off? And secondly, I'm a man so I have pockets in my trousers for carrying stuff AND hands!

You know my favourite thing about hoodies? If you pull the hood up a bit and so it's down but kind of resting on the back of your neck. Feels so nice.

A.
Alaric
You know my favourite thing about hoodies? If you pull the hood up a bit and so it's down but kind of resting on the back of your neck. Feels so nice.

A.

You need a hug Alaric.
Reply 11258
Camford
You need a hug Alaric.

Interesting diagnosis, most people would probably just suggest a scarf!
Alaric
Interesting diagnosis, most people would probably just suggest a scarf!

Mind you, I am slightly mucked up in the head. So, giving interesting diagnosis is my speciality.

Latest

Trending

Trending