The Student Room Group
KHL

water is very, very hard - scales all over the place. bring a filter if you don't like calcium supplements in your daily diet. (colourless milk, anyone :biggrin: )

but hard water tastes nicer :smile: (although where i live has, apparently, the best tasting water in the country..so its got to be worse than what im used to!)

and personally i like calcium supplements. Begone, osteoporosis!
KHL
http://www.sport.cam.ac.uk/pdf_files/history.pdf

hmm... i guess they really don't know, do they?

I would suspect Eton have a stronger cliam. Firstly the chap was an Etonian afterall, and secondly the boat race itself was modelled on the Eton-Westminster match.
Pol san fholcadan! EEEEEEEEKKKK! :eek:
crana
in my town i highly doubt they would recognise anything. even if you had a tshirt saying "university of cambridge" even if they could read it they would probably think it was one of those fake university teshirts you can get from topshop etc.

if anything they would thnk the scarf was for a football team or something

lol!! ditto :biggrin:
Hello :smile: Anyone here? I appologise for the Avitar thing... I doubt any of you really want to see me in the bath, but I wanted a small pic which fitted in!
Reply 1385
polthegael
Hello :smile: Anyone here? I appologise for the Avitar thing... I doubt any of you really want to see me in the bath, but I wanted a small pic which fitted in!

Hahahaa...pol in the bath :tongue:

G
gzftan
Hahahaa...pol in the bath :tongue:

G

:frown:
Reply 1387
polthegael
:frown:

Lol......didn't mean anything by it...i just think pics of people in the bath are funny :tongue:

G
gzftan
Lol......didn't mean anything by it...i just think pics of people in the bath are funny :tongue:

G

OK then.. :redface:
KHL

microwaves are convenient, but heavy to move around.

What I think is quite a good idea is to club together with whoever you're living with and get one microwave for your kitchen. Then when you move out (as you invariably won't stay together after your first year) you can leave it for the new folks! Someone did that for us; it was much appreciated, and my new neighbours and I are probably going to do the same next year.

Faboba - I wouldn't bother with the cake tins; it's highly unlikely you'll have an oven. :frown: Nadia's is the answer :wink:
polthegael

That really is quite funny :biggrin: . I cant beleive you have put a picture of you in the bath as your avatar. :eek:
MentallyIll
That really is quite funny :biggrin: . I cant beleive you have put a picture of you in the bath as your avatar. :eek:

Ah well.. It looks like your Avitar could do with a bath itself! :biggrin:
Reply 1392
crana
but hard water tastes nicer :smile: (although where i live has, apparently, the best tasting water in the country..so its got to be worse than what im used to!)

and personally i like calcium supplements. Begone, osteoporosis!

takes getting used to. personally, i drink tap water, but i do get the occasional "eeewww...." from friends, so... :rolleyes:

never did understand the fascination with microwavable food - always felt that it tasted and felt more like the plastic packaging rather than actual food... much rather just boil up a chicken leg and throw a bit of soy sauce on - cheap, easy, fast, and decent tasting. (warning: a bit "chinese" tasting though)

Helenia
Faboba - I wouldn't bother with the cake tins; it's highly unlikely you'll have an oven. Nadia's is the answer

you know, i don't think i've actually been into Nadia's yet... (but then again, i'm not much for sweet things or confections in general - i hardly take dessert)

oh, about microwaves and ovens - personally i'd recommend a small oven over a microwave - much more versatile, if somewhat slower than a microwave. and small ovens tend to be a LOT lighter and smaller, probs something to do with magnets or something... and 'sides, come up empty handed, and you can always get stuff 2nd hand off other people - cheaper, and more convenient (don't have to lug it from home) :biggrin:
Reply 1393
my home cooking will tend to consist of just pancakes, because that's what i like to cook. Apart from that, bacon rocks....actually, anything cooked in a frying pan rocks!
Willa
my home cooking will tend to consist of just pancakes, because that's what i like to cook. Apart from that, bacon rocks....actually, anything cooked in a frying pan rocks!

You like lots of fried food :smile: Are you female?
polthegael
You like lots of fried food :smile: Are you female?

Why do you think girls like fried food more than boys?
Squishy
Why do you think girls like fried food more than boys?

No... I'll refer you to my profile to explain what I meant...

Just realised I can't, so I'll paste it here...

About Me:
Strange wee Irishman. Medical student from October. Devoid of all practical skills (but luckily I have a great wee girlfriend who is really practical and looks after me!) and would probably blow my house up or burn it down left to my own devices (by accident, of course!) Riomhphost: polthegael ag/at vodafone pointe/dot ie
Turn Ons:
I guess you mean girls... Short (about 5ft), plump (size 16-26), round faces, round ears, little up-turned noses, longish black/red hair, and enough intelligence to engage in reasoned debate.
Turn Offs:
Tall skinny blondes (no insult intended - I just don't want to sleep with them, which they'll probably view as a positive thing!).

Point taken..? :smile:
Reply 1397
can't a guy like to cook? I take grate satisfaction in producing some exquisite and extremely tasty treat from raw ingredients, it always makes it taste better. I'm a guy who likes my food (probably because thankfully I have a high metabolism), and so I like both quantity and quality. Some of that quality can only come from home cooked stuff. I'm not a very good cook I can admit, most of the stuff I can make is basic. But I can tell ya, food tastes better when you cooked it from scratch!

I still dont see how liking fried food is feminine? I like fried food cos it tastes good...simple as!
KHL
never did understand the fascination with microwavable food - always felt that it tasted and felt more like the plastic packaging rather than actual food... much rather just boil up a chicken leg and throw a bit of soy sauce on - cheap, easy, fast, and decent tasting. (warning: a bit "chinese" tasting though)

you know, i don't think i've actually been into Nadia's yet... (but then again, i'm not much for sweet things or confections in general - i hardly take dessert)

Sainsbury's microwave lasagne for 88p - brilliant and surprisingly tasty! Just don't look at the salt content :redface:

And my friends bought my birthday cake from Nadias - a 3 layer, double chocolatey monstrosity! :biggrin: It was fantastic.
Willa
can't a guy like to cook? I take *****grate***** satisfaction in producing some exquisite and extremely tasty treat from raw ingredients, it always makes it taste better.

Nice pun :smile:

I always used to do all the cooking when I lived with my wife. Now I tend to see to myself and Katie when she comes home from work sometimes.

I'm not at all against guys cooking! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending