The Student Room Group
Found it:

helen was just on about how she had learnt 10 drug names, and that she had 360 to go, to which I replied:

If only paracetamoxyfrusebendroneomycin existed eh?
(from a song)

She said:
"You must remember all these drugs, the names of which you've learnt from me,
Or f*** em all and get a job in orthopaedic surgery!"
(from another song)
Contemplating taking that up now

Ortopaedic surgeons are considered by some to be nothing more thatn glorified carpenters...
Reply 14801
Input to java: Take an InputStream, and give it to an InputSteamReader = reads characters one at a time.
If you want to wait a little before processing, pass your InputStreamReader to BufferedReader so that it turns your reader into a buffer

easy
Willa
Input to java: Take an InputStream, and give it to an InputSteamReader = reads characters one at a time.
If you want to wait a little before processing, pass your InputStreamReader to BufferedReader so that it turns your reader into a buffer

easy

Nonono! We are having a compsci-free day today! This thread will NOT DIE because of you lot! :mad:

*Brandishes blunt rusty scalpel*
Willa

easy

Too complicated... My brain is only capable of coping with things like

cin>>things;in C++, the thing could be pointing the wrong way. Need my debugger to sort that one out. Or
readln(things);in Pascal. Why can't java use something that's straight forward as these two?
Helenia
Nonono! We are having a compsci-free day today! This thread will NOT DIE because of you lot! :mad:

*Brandishes blunt rusty scalpel*

I won't be on here from 2pm for some 3 or 4 hours. You can have those hours all to yourself.
Reply 14805
ok i promise not to say anything compsci for rest of day. Must force myself to gym today as well!
Reply 14806
Willa
ok i promise not to say anything compsci for rest of day. Must force myself to gym today as well!

you should tell her that you'll stop talking compsci when she stops talking boatie and medic :biggrin:
Willa

Looks like the only way for us not to pollute the forum with our *obvious* superior compsci minds is to leave our keyboards alone.
shiny
you should tell her that you'll stop talking compsci when she stops talking boatie and medic :biggrin:

won't work. Willa is a boatie.
shiny

But at least those two don't consist of going

javaml2q35-87rt9876garypaulsen80963
coding08973458796loser08789234165y
tickticktick089073563127apodigddosj*******s

and are vaguely written in English. And I haven't mentioned rowing today :p:
Reply 14810
Helenia
And I haven't mentioned rowing today :p:

Not yet anyway ... :rolleyes:
Helenia

Which part of "Stream Tokeniser" isn't english?
Camford
Which part of "Stream Tokeniser" isn't english?

The second word.

Shiny, I hereby promise not to mention rowing on this thread if Willa, Camford and Alaric can avoid talking compsci.
I have feeling that my last post just killed off the thread... if any medic out there has some exlixir, can I borrow it?
Helenia
The second word.

Shiny, I hereby promise not to mention rowing on this thread if Willa, Camford and Alaric can avoid talking compsci.

I *will* be the first one to breach (sp) the agreement... :redface:.
Camford
I *will* be the first one to breach (sp) the agreement... :redface:.

Go find something else to talk about!
Reply 14816
Helenia

You think crabs, splashjackets, bumps, acidoketosis, etc are vaguely English?
:p:

Shuai is perfectly welcome to use the Computer Science forum here to ask questions, it'd be better to get some technical content in there rather than just people going "Is salford or middlesex a better university for xyz IT related degrees".

However in other, only partially compsci related, news today I appear to have been offered a job at last! Woo!

A.
Helenia
Go find something else to talk about!

I'm off to make a bus journey to place far far away in leicester... Where's Citi 4 when I need it?
Alaric
However in other, only partially compsci related, news today I appear to have been offered a job at last! Woo!

A.

Congratulations!!
visesh

Ortopaedic surgeons are considered by some to be nothing more thatn glorified carpenters...

Hehe, my sister for a while had her mind set on being one, thank you, I now have something to yell back when she rubbishes my chosen profession! When I came home for the weekend she did all the leg examination stuff on me, scary having her do exactly what the real ones do! She's still into just normal surgery I think.

My orthopaedic guy used to play rubgy for Wales, massive chap, when I got my new splints he tried to make them cool by saying how all the rugby players wore them...hmmm I was not convinced. They do always threaten nasty things like breaking and resetting femurs etc. but never actually do them; I'm happy for it to stay that way!

Latest

Trending

Trending