Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Ditto.

Shouldn't you be in the HAP lecture? Oops. I'm not in that either.
    Decided it was bad for my health. Promised self I would read. Did not.

ReputationRep:
    Um.... sweet things...

patch: 3 more pages to go guys!

ReputationRep:
    Someone on my corridor is playing "Hey Ya" by Outkast.

ReputationRep:
    spam spam spam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    spam spam spam
    Question on Moral stand.

Patch: My supervisor wrote "Ass -> Concl" on the board today. Anyone care to tell the world what he meant by that? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I take it that nobody bothers with the hateful HAP lectures then? good stuff. I literally fell asleep in the last one, after that, decided its just not worth the hassle...

ReputationRep:
    My DoS just told me to go to the HAP lectures. She thinks they're useful. "How can we make you go to the HAP lectures?" she asked. "Remove most of my weekly reading" I replied.

ReputationRep:
    They're not useful. They're really not.

ReputationRep:
    medics/vets: what's the deal with that email from an ISBM super? Do we all have the samy guy? :s: He sent that email to all the 1st years.

Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willa)
    and you told him!? :eek: that's impinging on my privacy that is! :p:
    See! I got you a cookie! :p:

P.S. Actually I asked Hoofbeat before Helens but she didn't know your surname :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camford)
    Question on Moral stand.

Patch: My supervisor wrote "Ass -> Concl" on the board today. Anyone care to tell the world what he meant by that? :rofl:
    Compscis arn't known for their literary skills you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minimo)
    Compscis arn't known for their literary skills you know.
    Well... look at me, I am the perfect ilitrate Compsci.

Patch: you didn't answer my question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by visesh)
    medics/vets: what's the deal with that email from an ISBM super? Do we all have the samy guy? :s: He sent that email to all the 1st years.

Interesting.
    It was the New Hall girls abusing the medic-list system. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkenergy)
    It was the New Hall girls abusing the medic-list system. :mad:
    Byatches.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Visesh - how do you learn: 10-20 pages of MIMS, 7 pages of Dissection, 4 pages of Anatomy Lecture stuff, about 10 pages of Physiology a day? It's ****ing crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Simple answer: You don't?

:p:

Optimal strategy: Read the stuff whenever you have a few mins free, and allocate a 2 houre per night for reading on top of essay work?

Or, just obtain a photographic memory.

ReputationRep:
    Not possible.

But you need to know all the CRAP off by heart though.

It's just the rate at which new material is delivered greatly and worryingly exceeds the rate of note making; in addition, the rate at which note is made from lecture notes again greatly exceeds the rate of learning the materials.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you do have a massive break over xmas... 5-6 hours a day during the holidays should suffice I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    Well, you do have a massive break over xmas... 5-6 hours a day during the holidays should suffice I reckon.
    Vacation is 6 weeks long, you spend approx 3 weeks doing nothing, then another 2 on procrastination, the last week panicing about not done any work, then move back to cambridge with exactly 0 amount of work done.

ReputationRep:
    Now this situation can probably be modelled by a series of differential equations which are essentially unsolveable.
    --------------
    (Original post by Camford)
    Vacation is 6 weeks long, you spend approx 3 weeks doing nothing, then another 2 on procrastination, the last week panicing about not done any work, then move back to cambridge with exactly 0 amount of work done.
    Work done, is in reality, negative, since your memory gradually deteriorates.
    --------------
    The problem is, I want to keep my holiday work-free.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.