The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i wish to cancel my contract. i shall be leaving on.
thatll do. dont worry about length
Reply 2
talkin2spiders
help

what are you supposed to write in your notice letter, i've done about a line and it looks weird on a whole sheet of paper.

How about "It's **** here so I'm leaving"?
Reply 3
Howard
How about "It's **** here so I'm leaving"?

wow you must of worked there before coz that's exactly what i feel like saying hahaha
address it to the right person
say your leaving, give any reason
make clear the date of your last shift and its time
thank them for the experience (seriously, even if its toekn
sign it

it doesnt have to be long.

if you REALLY hate it then you can tell them to F off or give laods of reasons why you are leaving - employers are not meant to give bad referecnes but i know for a fact that it happens and they can certainly imply things without actually saying it..
Reply 5
Clubber Lang
address it to the right person
say your leaving, give any reason
make clear the date of your last shift and its time
thank them for the experience (seriously, even if its toekn
sign it

it doesnt have to be long.

if you REALLY hate it then you can tell them to F off or give laods of reasons why you are leaving - employers are not meant to give bad referecnes but i know for a fact that it happens and they can certainly imply things without actually saying it..

it is horrible there now but i'd never tell them to f off it's never good to leave on bad terms you never know when u might need a reference or anything from them.

thanks everyone for your suggestions
Reply 6
my collegue wrote his resignation letter in about 30 seconds on a pice of till roll.
but if you think you might ever want to go back just let them know youve enjoyed your time and that you hope you will be welcomed back in the future should you wish to return...
Reply 7
*Your Address*
*Date*

Dear .....

Please accept this letter as formal notification that I am leaving my position with ..... on the .....

I am leaving due to ......

Thank you for the opportunities you have provided me with, during my time with the Company.

If I can be of any assistance during this transition, please let me know.

Yours Sincerely,

*Name*

Thats what i have just handed in to my employer, i had the address and the dateon the right though, didn't know how to do it on here :p:
Reply 8
Try this website for samples of letters I resign
thanks mortimer! im just gonna use your template to hand my notice to my employers even though theyve all known since i started working that ill be leaving for uni :redface:
Reply 10
yep cheers, im going to use that template too :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending