The Student Room Group

Biomed work expe

Hi,

I am hoping to do Biomedical science at uni and I've started up my personal statement but I don't really know how to link my opticians' work experience to Biomed.
Please let me know how I can do this.
Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by WORLDCAPTURE
Hi,

I am hoping to do Biomedical science at uni and I've started up my personal statement but I don't really know how to link my opticians' work experience to Biomed.
Thanks

I was also in the same position as you as a few of my backgrounds did not really suit the course that I am applying for. I guess the best way to solve this is if you could talk about the skills you've acquired during your work experience and how it benefits the course. They might be two different areas but what you've learned during your work might be in tandem with what the skills they require to succeed in Biomedical Science. Maybe you've learned to be more organised during your duties and therefore, prepares you for the amount of assignments/work you need to finish in the span of the course. I'm sure there's something!
Please don't try and make work experience fit if it isn't relevant. Remember that your PS needs to show that you have a realistic idea of what the degree is about. Good advice above about talking about transferable skills instead.
Original post by WORLDCAPTURE
Hi,

Thanks

Try going into your local hospital and asking the pathology lab?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending