The Student Room Group

Social Work MA at Hull Uni

Hello, is anyone going to do the SW MA at Hull uni in September 2016?
Hi, yeah I am have you found out about ur bursary yet? Mandy x
Reply 2
Original post by Mallen822
Hi, yeah I am have you found out about ur bursary yet? Mandy x

Yeah, firm/unconditional. Apparently they're experiencing delays. Have you applied etc? Are you you from Hull?

K
Im from hull originally but i live in pontefract so ill be commuting. Ive not heard anything from NHS or abouty uni bursary, startin to get a bit worried now that i havent heard yet cos others have. Ive asked about when we'll recieve time tables too but not had a reply. We may have already met at one of the interview days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am trying not to worry, who has told you they have heard back? I emailed them and they sent this: "Thank you for your email regarding the Social Work Bursary (SWB). I can confirm that your application has been received and your application was assessed on 07/06/16. At the moment we do not have the bursary rates so have been unable to provide you with a letter confirming your entitlement. Once we have received the 2016/17 rates we will issue you with a Notification of Award (NOA) letter." So, I'd try stay calm, haha... Ohh my hub was born there. Maybe? Which date did you go on? I was so nervous that I don't really remember anyone/thing... Was it the 4th Dec? K x
To be honest i cant remember when mine was its all a blur haha! Just someone i know whos doing nursing but i feel better now. Was it just NHS you applied to?
X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Haha, oh dear. Pretty sure nursing is a different process. I think it is a different budget. Yeah, NHS Business Services Authority. X
Phew, its easy to think youre missing something isnt it, they arent exactly forthcoming with information! Im really looking forward to getting started, and to use my brain again! Its been a while

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Mallen822
Phew, its easy to think youre missing something isnt it, they arent exactly forthcoming with information! Im really looking forward to getting started, and to use my brain again! Its been a while

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I think it's just down to delays, hopefully it'll be alright. I think it'll be the end of August before we know anything. What is your first degree in? I've only just graduated so I haven't had time to give my brain a rest, haha but I am really looking forward to it. X
I graduated in 2008 from Hull, i did social policy and criminology.. seems like forever ago! What did u study?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Ah, sounds good. I did Social and Community Studies at Hull, too! Loved it.
Reply 11
Hi Mandy,

Did you get the bursary? Hope so!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending