The Student Room Group

BTEC level 3 health and social care briefs

Hi, so i'm a student taking BTEC nationals health and social care level 3 diploma, edexcel. I sat my first year of the course but I am re-taking due to being absent from my college for personal reasons. the units I have already done need to be improved except I don't have the assignment briefs for the units and assignments to be able to do so. would someone taking the same course be able to give me a link to where I can find the assignment brief or could send me what the assignment brief has for the work criteria and tasks.

Need assignment briefs for these units:
- Developing Effective Communication
- Equality, Diversity and Rights
- Health, Safety and Security
- Development Through the Life Stages
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Personal and Professional Development
- Sociological Perspectives
- Psychological Perspectives
- Caring for Children and Young People
- Safeguarding Adults and Promoting Independence
- Physiological Disorders
- Promoting Health Education / Good Health
Would be very grateful.
If you type in the unit you need on google the spec should come up for you'
personal and proffestional development
benefits of achieving unit 6 in BETEC health and socail care
BTEC Assignment
Physiological Disorders
Qualification BTEC Level 3 Health and Social Care

Unit number and title
14: Physiological Disorders and their Care
Learning aim(s) A: Investigate the causes and effects of physiological disorders
B: Examine the investigation and diagnosis of physiological disorders
C: Examine treatment and support for service users with physiological disorders
D: Develop a treatment plan for service users with physiological disorders to meet their needs.
Assignment title Physiological disorders - investigations, treatment and care.

Assessor

Issue date 19th March

Hand in deadline

Vocational Scenario or Context You are a student nurse in the first year of your degree, currently on work placement at your local NHS Trust.

As part of your studies, you have been asked to produce evidence of your understanding of two different types of physiological disorder.

This will support you in learning more about the ways in which the service users are affected by their disorder.

Task 1 Please select two physiological disorders from the following list to base your work on:

Diabetes
Parkinson’s disease
Rheumatoid arthritis
Asthma
Coronary heart disease
Bowel cancer

You must produce a report that evaluates the impact of your two, selected disorders on service users, and justifies the potential benefits of different investigations and treatment options available for your selected physiological disorders.

Your report must also include:

An analysis of the changes to body systems and functions as a result of the selected disorders and an explanation of the causes, signs, and symptoms of your selected disorders

An assessment of the importance and comparison of the procedures that are used to investigate diagnose the two disorders.

An assessment and explanation of the treatment, support and types of care provided for individual with the two disorders.

A comparison of the different types of care and care settings that are available for each of the two disorders you have selected.

Checklist of evidence required Report
Criteria covered by this task:
Unit/Criteria reference To achieve the criteria, you must show that you are able to:
14/A.D1 Evaluate the impact of physiological disorders on the health and wellbeing of service users.

14/BC.D2 Justify the potential benefits of different investigations and treatment options for service users diagnosed with physiological disorders.

14/A.M1 Analyse the changes in body systems and functions resulting from different types of physiological disorder on service users.

14/B.M2 Assess the importance of specific procedures in confirming the diagnosis of physiological disorders.

14/C.M3 Assess the provision of treatment, support, and types of care for service users with different physiological disorders.

14/A.P1 Explain the causes, signs, and symptoms of different types of physiological disorder on service users.
14/B.P2 Compare investigative and diagnostic procedures for different physiological disorders.
14/C.P3 Explain the treatment and support available for service users with different physiological disorders.
14/C.P4 Compare the types of carers and care settings for service users with different physiological disorders.

Task 2 For this task, you must select one service user who has a physiological disorder. The individual could be a family member, relative, friend or neighbour, but your selection must be agreed with your teacher before proceeding.

1. A treatment plan that includes all of the following:

An assessment of the care needs of the individual showing evidence of review to ensure improved outcomes for the service user, explaining how the plan would improve your selected service user’s health and wellbeing.

A justification of the recommendations in the plan, designed to meet the needs of the service user, together with the advantages and disadvantages of the treatment plan.

Checklist of evidence required Treatment plan
Criteria covered by this task:
Unit/Criteria reference To achieve the criteria, you must show that you are able to:
14/ D.D3 Justify the recommendations in the plan in relation to the needs of the service user and advantages and disadvantages of treatment options.
14/D.M4 Plan treatment to meet the needs of a selected service user with a physiological disorder, reviewing as appropriate to improve outcomes.
14/D.P5 Assess care needs of a selected service user with a physiological disorder.
14/D.P6 Plan treatment to meet the needs of a selected service user with a physiological disorder.
14/D.P7 Explain how the plan would improve the health and wellbeing of a selected service user.
Sources of information to support you with this Assignment Books
Billingham et al, BTEC Level 3 National Health and Social Care Student Book 2, Pearson, (2010), ISBN

Websites
www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Alzheimers-disease/Pages/Introduction.aspx
www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Sickle-cell-anaemia/Pages/Introduction.aspx
http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Diabetes/Pages/Diabetes.aspx

Other assessment materials attached to this Assignment
N/A

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending