The Student Room Group

Resit UCAS Points??? HELP

I retook an AS Law module this month and was wondering how does the additional UCAS points get added on? If i get a B, does that just convert into 50 UCAS points?
Reply 1
Are you doing the A2? because if so no it will just count as the collective grade otherwise yes will be a separate AS grade.
Reply 2
Original post by G.S.G
Are you doing the A2? because if so no it will just count as the collective grade otherwise yes will be a separate AS grade.

Yes, I'm doing the A2 and retook one module from AS. So... If I achieve an A in the resit will the additional marks go towards my A2 mark? I don't know why I'm so confused haha
Reply 3
Original post by GFEFC1
Yes, I'm doing the A2 and retook one module from AS. So... If I achieve an A in the resit will the additional marks go towards my A2 mark? I don't know why I'm so confused haha

Yeah exactly, so say you got a C last year worth 140 UMS this year that goes to an A overall with the retake and that would mean 180 UMS which goes towards your overall out of 400. I may have just complicated it there but basically yeah it adds up.
Reply 4
Original post by GFEFC1
I retook an AS Law module this month and was wondering how does the additional UCAS points get added on? If i get a B, does that just convert into 50 UCAS points?

I think you mean UMS. If you re-sit a unit (and it is better than your first attempt) then that is the result that is used in calculating your final grade (whether for AS or the full A level).

If you are talking about UCAS points, then AS grades don't count if you also take the A level. The better mark you achieved in the AS unit you re-sat might result in a betetr overall A level grade, which would get you more UCAS points

Quick Reply

Latest