The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wa'alaykum Assalaam.

Have you tried reading the tafsir along with reading the Qu'ran? And make sure you give even if it is 10 mins to concentrate on the Qu'ran.

JazakAllah khair for your reply!

My method of doing this was initially to
Memorise certain bits of Quran and then do the tafsir
Which tafsir would you recommend? At the moment I use the bayyinah podcasts but they are quite intensive so it's quite hard to free up time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Walaikum salam.
If you don't understand the arabic language, I recommend reading a translation (the Muhsin Khan version is normally recommended) to understand what you're reading; and top that up with tafseer for context and a more profound understading.
It's important not to burden yourself or else you might eventually stop, so start of by reading maybe only half a page a day, and eventually keep adding more. Scholars recommend that the Quran should be read and completed once a month, that might be hard to do at first but eventually you'll get there in shaa Allah. Make dua that Allah facilitates it for you to establish a relationship with the Quran, it's truly a healer and the ultimate source of happiness. And of course, make sure your intentions are pure and sincere, Allah will facilitate it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thank you so much for your reply!

That's really good advice. Would you recommend supplementing this with memorisation? Also, what tafsir would you recommend?
Thanks again :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beautifulxxx
Walaikum salam.
If you don't understand the arabic language, I recommend reading a translation (the Muhsin Khan version is normally recommended) to understand what you're reading; and top that up with tafseer for context and a more profound understading.
It's important not to burden yourself or else you might eventually stop, so start of by reading maybe only half a page a day, and eventually keep adding more. Scholars recommend that the Quran should be read and completed once a month, that might be hard to do at first but eventually you'll get there in shaa Allah. Make dua that Allah facilitates it for you to establish a relationship with the Quran, it's truly a healer and the ultimate source of happiness. And of course, make sure your intentions are pure and sincere, Allah will facilitate it for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good advice. Would you recommend supplementing this with memorisation? Also, what tafsir would you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leukocyte
Walaykum asalaam

Learn the basics first, learning how to recite in tajweed, these lessons will encourage you more to learn about the Quraan. Move onto translation and tafseer. Listening to it daily and refelecting upon it's meaning is how the relationship will build and get stronger inshaAllah.

I felt scared seeing that much blood :redface:
Nope. There's a really good video about Hallowen by the Youtube channel Merciful Servant. That explains perfectly why Muslims shouldn't celebrate it.

Alhamdulillah I'm doing good sis, thanks for asking. 💖 Just finished eating rn lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

JazakAllah Khair for your advice?
Can I ask which tafsir you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by childofthesun
I watched the voting right until they decided to alter the process and have the MPs walk up to drop their ballot, then I realised I couldn't take the joke that was the elections any longer(still laughing over someone voting for 'Zorba the Greek' and Myriam Klink.) I'm glad that a president was finally elected, but the circumstances surrounding the successful election are rather pathetic. Hariri hates Aoun and only endorsed him so that he will become prime minister, and parliament only reached the quorum because Hezbollah decided to stop boycotting every meeting since they were now assured an ally of theirs would win. I'm wary of Aoun due to his past and dislike the reigning political classes in general, but he has relatively little power anyway- the parliamentary elections are the real deal!!

Lol my teacher was showing a broadcast of the election in class and we were all dying at that :lol: "Who's Zorba?" "He's Greek" and a character from a book!! Yes I agree. The vacuum has gone on for far too long and it's good that we finally have a president. Also regarding Hariri, it most likely was an endorsement born out of convenience, but regardless it was still quite a compromise from him. In fact people are saying it was Hezbollah that 'won' this election. They're the only party that didn't have to compromise and pretty much controlled this from the start by repeatedly refusing to show up to vote unless they were confident an ally of theirs would become president. On my way back home from school Hezbollah flags were being waved and paraded almost as much as the Lebanese flags lol. What are your thoughts on them btw?
Original post by Student505
JazakAllah Khair for your advice?
Can I ask which tafsir you recommend?

Posted from TSR Mobile

BarakAllahu Feek.
Tafseer of Ibn Katheer is good for now.
Also i hope you guys don't mind the unrelated discussion? If so please tell me lol
Thanks I'll take a look in sha Allah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by beyrouthi
Also i hope you guys don't mind the unrelated discussion? If so please tell me lol

It's fine, dw. It's not like you're spamming the thread or anything.
Reply 6169

JazakAllah khair for your reply!

My method of doing this was initially to
Memorise certain bits of Quran and then do the tafsir
Which tafsir would you recommend? At the moment I use the bayyinah podcasts but they are quite intensive so it's quite hard to free up time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

BarakAllahu Feek
That is great Alhamdulillah. May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.
Tafsir Ibn Kathir is good.
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks I'll take a look in sha Allah

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can download a tafsir Ibn Kathir app btw. Really easy to use.

Hmmmm that interesting
are we allowed to buy reduced price chocolates and sweets because of halloween?
Original post by Mushfiqur Rahim
are we allowed to buy reduced price chocolates and sweets because of halloween?

yes it is obligatory
Original post by Angry Bird
yes it is obligatory

You been reading Abu Esa posts? :tongue:
Morning great people :woo:

Spoiler

Assalamulaikum people. :smile: hope everyone is doing well. :h:
I would like to ask a question, as a female and as a Muslim, am I allowed to visit the cemetery as per Islam? Many people say no, it isn't wise but is it actually the case in Islam that females are not allowed to visit the grave? (After the burial and other rites are done of course)

Posted from TSR Mobile

No problem :smile:

Yep absolutely, memorisation is important. If you can a find a teacher who can correct you in terms of tajweed, correct pronunciation of letters etc.. I would recommend that, if you can't this site is really practical for memorisation: http://tanzil.net/#65:7
you can repepat the ayahs several times and it has a selection of amazing Quran reciters. My Quran teacher said that its very important to constantly listen to reciters, especially those with good tajweed such as Muhammad Ayood, Ibrahim al Akhdar, Husari, Hudhaifi etc..

Tafsir Ibn Kathir is normally recommended, so try that one in shaa Allah.
Here's a good site for translation of the Quran: https://quran.com/1 incase you can't get the physical copy.
Hope this helps in shaa Allah, all the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leukocyte
I had food left from yday, palou and some spinach. What have you eaten?

Oh great! I wanted palou these days as well. I haven't eaten much because I dnt feel well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending