The Student Room Group

How is mechanical engineering with aeronautics at university of Glasgow

How is student response
Original post by Sbansal1
How is student response

Hi there!

I'm currently a 5th year Aeronautical student and have worked with and taken many classes with Mech with Aero students. As for your question, there's many parts to it, so if there's anything in particular you'd like to know, then fire me some questions.

Mech with Aero focuses more on Mechanical Engineering. You will start to take specific Aero classes in your third year, and you get more choices in your fourth year (and fifth year if you're doing the MEng). Your selection of Aero classes will be somewhat restricted, bear in mind you're primarily getting a Mechanical degree but with experience in aerospace classes and projects.

Overall, the engineering department is great, there are excellent faculty and staff, good ties to industry, an amazing study abroad program and a really good student atmosphere. Mechanical Engineering has a lot of students, Aeronautical is comparatively small, and Mech with Aero is even smaller than Aeronautical.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you have further questions. :smile:

Scott
Undergraduate Rep
School of Engineering
Hello,
I have very confused which University to join Strathclyde or Glasgow.I heard that Mechanical Engineering BEng H300 in Glasgow is theoretical not much practical if you compare Strathclyde is much more lab practical base Mechanical program.Secondly, the Industrial links of Glasgow are weak in terms of Internships and Job placements as compare to Strathclyde.
How are the facilities of Mechanical Engineering at Glasgow?
Please someone answer my questions.

Quick Reply

Latest