The Student Room Group

So lets discuss this dating lark..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Arkasia
Lmao imagine coming on TSR thinking it was a good place for dating advice.

Very True! But my friends are friend blind.
Original post by natalie427
Approaching a guy seems a scary procedure! Something to work on.

Then you may understand how difficult it is for us men.
Original post by Arkasia
Lmao imagine coming on TSR thinking it was a good place for dating advice.

Plenty of people give good advice on here.
Reply 22
not sure why the rude reply was necessary??

Welcome to the internet.
Original post by Virgil.
Welcome to the internet.

I know. I know. Should have been expected. I'll learn one day.
Reply 24
f***ng hell mate, no wonder you're not getting any pussy.

You dont even know the girl and you're already putting her on a pedestal.
Original post by Virgil.
f***ng hell mate, no wonder you're not getting any pussy.

You dont even know the girl and you're already putting her on a pedestal.

It's a compliment, and also a potential truth that may help with her dating issues.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 26
Its not just that though.

You see one photo of her and you already practically grovelling at her feet lmao
Original post by Virgil.
Its not though.

You see one photo of her and you already practically grovelling at her feet lmao

Lol, alright kid. :banana:
Original post by Virgil.

he was just giving advice...
I get why guys wouldn't become friends first, due to the 'friend zoning' issue.

Just remeber that however scared you are about approaching a guy - 90% he would be more scared than you, so don't worry too much.
Original post by Virgil.

If that's grovelling its a very poor attempt..
I think he was literally just saying in a nice way that 'you are not dog rough, so thats not an issue', in response to my original post.
Scrapped the picture of myself as my avatar... hopefully now people will quit involving my looks into things when not required.
Reply 32
Scrapped the picture of myself as my avatar... hopefully now people will quit involving my looks into things when not required.

You should put it back to your pic. More people (i.e. guys) will be willing to help you (they'll take any chance they can get for validation from an attractive woman).
Reply 33
I literally do not know how to do this so called thing called 'dating'.

I'm one of them people who likes to not be flung straight into romantics, like do guys not try and be friends with you first?

Basically whats the best way to meet new people? As in potential dates? Or how did you guys meet your partners etc?

Why did you shorten your post? Was going to write something useful, partly due to minor guilt in derailing your thread somewhat, but now cant remember everything I was going to say because you deleted part of your OP

You're at uni right? If so, just go to societies / clubs events & parties and you will meet guys there.

Could also tap into your friends. Ask them if they know any fit / good guys. Then if say your friend is like she knows a great guy from lacrosse or smth, go to a lacrosse taster session, flirt with the guy a bit and then let him do the rest of the work from there. Even if nothing happens you still would have had fun doing an activity

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Virgil.
Why did you shorten your post? Was going to write something useful, partly due to minor guilt in derailing your thread somewhat, but now cant remember everything I was going to say because you deleted part of your OP

You're at uni right? If so, just go to societies / clubs events & parties and you will meet guys there.

Could also tap into your friends. Ask them if they know any fit / good guys. Then if say your friend is like she knows a great guy from lacrosse or smth, go to a lacrosse taster session, flirt with the guy a bit and then let him do the rest of the work from there. Even if nothing happens you still would have had fun doing an activity

Posted from TSR Mobile

The thread went way off topic, I edited to give people a brief explanation of what was original. But, no offence to anyone .. I was getting more pointless and in some cases rude comments then actually useful ones.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending