The Student Room Group

2017 - Asset Management/ Graduate Schemes

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Received the Jefferies ER numerical test invite
Reply 181
Original post by TKSR123
ok thanks. makes me hopeful that even if i get nothing this year, i shouldnt be penalized for applying after graduation.

if you dont mind me asking, was your application this year very different from last years? with regards to cvs and/or work experiences?

Well I improved my CV but no extra work experiences. The only update was my degree grade, and I improved my answers to the application questions. The main issue I had last year was that I applied way too late, so I made sure that I didn't make the same mistake this year. So I think that if you have to re-apply make sure that you identify where you went wrong the first time.

Original post by Charlipopette
Hi!
I applied to the graduate programme of Schroders 5 weeks ago, within the Distribution & Products teams.
I filled the OPQ on last Friday and no news since....
Let's hope!
Cheers!

Hello fellow distribution person :smile: Still nothing at my end either, it's been 3 weeks... Out of curiosity, when did you do your video itw?
Reply 182
Does Schroders OPQ actually count towards whether applicants will be given an invite to AC or not? Is this like the SJT so they get rid of the non-fit people at this stage? Also I heard Schroders ACs take place in January - could anyone confirm whether this is true?
Original post by Acqua
Well I improved my CV but no extra work experiences. The only update was my degree grade, and I improved my answers to the application questions. The main issue I had last year was that I applied way too late, so I made sure that I didn't make the same mistake this year. So I think that if you have to re-apply make sure that you identify where you went wrong the first time.

Hello fellow distribution person :smile: Still nothing at my end either, it's been 3 weeks... Out of curiosity, when did you do your video itw?

Hello future teammate (I hope so)!
I had my video interview on last thursday (November the 3rd). I received the notification of my success at this interview and the invitation for the OPQ the day after (the 4th). I filled it right after.
I did not heard/read anything about someone who would have already received his/her invitation for the assessment center day.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by a7xb
Does Schroders OPQ actually count towards whether applicants will be given an invite to AC or not? Is this like the SJT so they get rid of the non-fit people at this stage? Also I heard Schroders ACs take place in January - could anyone confirm whether this is true?

As Acqua said, the fact that this questionnaire is sent after the numerical test and after the first interview is weird. And there is no mention of the OPQ in the description of the recruiting process on Schroder's website. Maybe it is a selection tool, or maybe it is just a way to find in which team you best fit in, in order to set up the interviews.
I have no idea about when the assessment center day is to take place...
Anyway, let's wait and see (we have no other option).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 185
Anybody heard from MS IM?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone confirm that getting the invite to Schroders' OPQ test actually means that one has passed the video interview stage? Or is it automatic and looked at with the video interview?
Reply 187
Original post by a7xb

In addition to what Charlipopette said, I think that it's just an extra indicator they can use to choose who to invite to the AC, as they probably review everything we've done up to now together, without just relying on the OPQ results. No idea about the ACs, hopefully they're sooner though so we can get invitations/rejections this month.

Original post by Charlipopette
Hello future teammate (I hope so)!
I had my video interview on last thursday (November the 3rd). I received the notification of my success at this interview and the invitation for the OPQ the day after (the 4th). I filled it right after.
I did not heard/read anything about someone who would have already received his/her invitation for the assessment center day.

Fingers crossed! Since you did it not long ago, they're probably still reviewing all the applications/tests/video itws before inviting people to the ACs. The application deadline is the 13th so hopefully we'll hear back soon after. The wait is killing me.

Original post by dasu95
Anybody heard from MS IM?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, they said that they would start reviewing applications at the end of September, so I'm going to wait a bit longer before emailing to see what's happening.
Reply 188
Does anyone else's status for Fidelity say that their application is currently on hold? What does it mean?
Original post by Acqua
Does anyone else's status for Fidelity say that their application is currently on hold? What does it mean?

what role? post telephone interview or before? :s-smilie: :frown:((
Reply 190
Original post by kelsey_piano
what role? post telephone interview or before? :s-smilie: :frown:((

Sales and Marketing grad, post tests.
Reply 191
Original post by chongwe
Received the Jefferies ER numerical test invite

did you get an email last week saying you would hear back by this friday? or just went straight from app to telephone?
Reply 192
Fidelity telephone interview :smile:
Original post by Acqua
Fidelity telephone interview :smile:

good job and good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 194
Original post by StevenGRogers
good job and good luck!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thaaanks, I'll need it!
hey, applied for fidelity fixed income SA about 3 weeks and did the tests - when am i likely to hear back? or is it game over already?
Original post by J Edgar
hey, applied for fidelity fixed income SA about 3 weeks and did the tests - when am i likely to hear back? or is it game over already?

its not game over, they are very late this year so would not hold my breath over it, I sent app like 2 months ago and still have not heard
Has anyone heard back from schroders post OPQ?
Anyone has any experience with Standard Life Investment? PM me.. happy to trade for other places
Has anyone had a telephone interview with Barclays for wealth management?

Quick Reply

Latest