The Student Room Group

How difficult to get an A in Higher Modern Studies?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alicex2016
Any last minute predictions for Democracy and Social issues? Drastically running out of time and gonna have to leave out learning some essays.

Learning essays? Do you have a list of the possible ones or something?
Original post by Ethan100
Learning essays? Do you have a list of the possible ones or something?

My teacher gave me a list yeah
Where does everyone think the 20 marker will come up, I think it'll be international issues but have a feeling it might not which is making me worried as my teacher told me just to do 20 markers for international issues :frown:
Definitely international issues, just don't know how to tackle the example questions..

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've always said international issues. The fantastic part is, you really will be asked about the causes, impact or attempts to resolve the issue. Most of your facts can spread across each essay. All about manipulating the question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Government policies for world issues came up in this years specimen... is it worth studying? I have a feeling Human Rights will come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not asking for pre made essay plans but does anyone have a list of all the possible essay topics ?
Original post by ruthmckay00
I'm not asking for pre made essay plans but does anyone have a list of all the possible essay topics ?

I do I'll try pm them to you
Original post by foodflood13
Government policies for world issues came up in this years specimen... is it worth studying? I have a feeling Human Rights will come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I thought it was international organisations. Came up in every paper.
Do it just in case. I recon causes might be there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
How would you do an essay on the link between health and wealth
I think you would have to mention names such as the Black Report, Acheson Report , Caci Report if you are answering about Scotland I think just focus on the Equally well report.
Reply 91
Original post by sabrinaclark23
How would you do an essay on the link between health and wealth

You need to talk about issues such as smoking, drinking, drug use, poor diet and lack of exercise, and discuss the ways in which these issues are more prevalent in areas where the majority are social class D/E.

Eg, East Dumbartonshire has 10% population smoking, whereas Shettleston has 22%, etc.
(edited 6 years ago)
What kinda stuff are people gonna really focus on?? Having a last minute meltdown. So much more to learn compared to history
Reply 93
What kinda stuff are people gonna really focus on?? Having a last minute meltdown. So much more to learn compared to history

It's not worth worrying about.

You have the source questions which are fine, you have your assignment, which is fine, and as long as you know your facts and you can talk about why they are significant, and what they mean, you're ok. It's all good, just as long as you know what you're talking about in general, you can put it into an answer :smile:
Original post by sm_pkd
You need to talk about issues such as smoking, drinking, drug use, poor diet and lack of exercise, and discuss the ways in which these issues are more prevalent in areas where the majority are social class D/E.

Eg, East Dumbartonshire has 10% population smoking, whereas Shettleston has 22%, etc.

Thank you for your help!
Original post by sm_pkd
It's not worth worrying about.

You have the source questions which are fine, you have your assignment, which is fine, and as long as you know your facts and you can talk about why they are significant, and what they mean, you're ok. It's all good, just as long as you know what you're talking about in general, you can put it into an answer :smile:

Yeah I feel confident about my assignment which is good so I'm just hoping a good question comes up that I can string up a good essay for
Yeah I feel confident about my assignment which is good so I'm just hoping a good question comes up that I can string up a good essay for

What areas are you studying? :smile: I'm panicking too, I've decided just to memorize a lot of democracy essays, a few social inequalities as there is too much and I've memorized for the world power, got fun times ahead of me
Original post by sabrinaclark23
What areas are you studying? :smile: I'm panicking too, I've decided just to memorize a lot of democracy essays, a few social inequalities as there is too much and I've memorized for the world power, got fun times ahead of me

Democracy, Social issues and development issues in Africa
Democracy, Social issues and development issues in Africa

Awh okay, i'm doing the same but South Africa as a world power
I do I'll try pm them to you

Could you pm them to me as well please?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending