The Student Room Group

Clearing & Adjustment questions!

If I get the grades for my firm and secure a place yet no longer want to go to the uni and call up the uni to release me how long will it take before im taken off the course and get a clearing number?

Also, if Im in clearing and receive an offer how many days do I have to decide and confirm the place?

Thank you!
It can take any amount of time depending on how busy the uni is.

You don't enter a clearing choice unless the uni offers you a place and you want to accept it.
Original post by sciencegirl122
If I get the grades for my firm and secure a place yet no longer want to go to the uni and call up the uni to release me how long will it take before im taken off the course and get a clearing number?

Also, if Im in clearing and receive an offer how many days do I have to decide and confirm the place?

Thank you!

If you ask to be placed into clearing the average time for it to show on track is 48 hours. Sometimes it will be quicker but it'll be midday at the very earliest if you call first thing (and some applicants have been kept waiting for weeks)

When universities make you a clearing offer they'll usually confirm any phone offers by email (or only make an offer by email) - those offers will say on them if there is any specific time period associated - often they'll simply say "as soon as possible" and if you don't get in quickly enough they'll reject your referral on Track quickly so you can make another clearing choice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending