The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Accessing iCity, the Welcome Guide, and other problems.

Hey! So I'm a bit confused, wondering if anyone can clarify.

So, I never got an email inviting me to enrol (my offer was firmed and everything) but my friend did, and called me up to tell me to login to mySRS and complete the enrolment process - which I did! Yay! I got the confirmation too, though I went to http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/welcome-week/when-you-get-here after getting another email today with a non-existent link to a Welcome Guide. (It's not my browser either) with no attachments, just telling me that they have it and to mark down various induction dates and things.

Soo....I can't access that, but the link says:

"You'll be able to access your personal timetables during induction week. Our student portal iCit will let you know how to access your personalised timetable. Log in using the username and password stated in your online enrolment invitation email,"

Well. I didn't get one of those, and yes I suppose it's not induction week, so I might be jumping the gun, but can anyone else login to iCity this early yet? I tried to call the help desk but nobody picked up. I don't know if I'm jumping the gun or if I should be able to access this already...and the whole not-working Welcome Guide.... I'm confused! Can anyone shed light on this?
Hi there! Sorry for any confusion! The enrolment emails are going out over the next week with full instructions. It might be that your friend had a different email because they are on another course. So the best thing to do is to wait for your enrolment email, and let us know if you're still having problems! Hope that helps - Amanda at BCU.
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by KFCriminologist

So, I never got an email inviting me to enrol (my offer was firmed and everything) but my friend did, and called me up to tell me to login to mySRS and complete the enrolment process - which I did! Yay! I got the confirmation too, though I went to http://www.bcu.ac.uk/student-info/welcome-week/when-you-get-here after getting another email today with a non-existent link to a Welcome Guide. (It's not my browser either) with no attachments, just telling me that they have it and to mark down various induction dates and things.

"You'll be able to access your personal timetables during induction week. Our student portal iCit will let you know how to access your personalised timetable. Log in using the username and password stated in your online enrolment invitation email,"

Well. I didn't get one of those, and yes I suppose it's not induction week, so I might be jumping the gun, but can anyone else login to iCity this early yet? I tried to call the help desk but nobody picked up. I don't know if I'm jumping the gun or if I should be able to access this already...and the whole not-working Welcome Guide.... I'm confused! Can anyone shed light on this?

I received this email yesterday and I can't get into it either!! I've emailed them asking why and if there's anything they can do but they've not gotten back to me yet! I want to know now so I can prefer for the induction week and so on!
The best people to email with any queries is [email protected] - they should be able to help you soon.
I've managed to do it. The email you received about enrolling provides you with a username and password, that is what you use to log into iCity.
Original post by KFCriminologist

Don't worry I'm in the same boat, I haven't received a welcome email either so can't enrol online yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've enrolled and received my welcome email. Except the link to download my welcome guide doesn't work? Is there an email I can use to contact for a working welcome guide?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending