Anyone else feel like their English literature was marked completely wrong?

Watch
Chloetbqh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm getting a remark because I was on track for an A in English literature , I got A's in past papers and everything - and then in the actual exam I get a C???!

I am 99.99% sure they have marked it wrong, if it was a B I wouldnt be so sure of it but it's the fact it's apparently a C and I am so certain that it's not bad enough to be a C..does anyone else have this problem? It's with AQA igcse English lit
sulaimanali
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well..I did Edexcel IGCSE and I felt I deserved an A* but got an A. It's not too bad..but, yeah!
NataliaMSR
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Went opposite for me. Never got above a B in English Literature but ended up with an A star. But coursework can be remarked and sometimes you can feel like you did well but not come out with an expected grade. I did the same paper. Don't worry about it though, a-levels are what really count
MedicineMaybe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did english language WJEC predicted A* and got a B. I got an A in the first paper and a D in the writing paper. Im wanting to so dentistry do you think O should do English Lit this year ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
goldenusername
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Chloetbqh)
I'm getting a remark because I was on track for an A in English literature , I got A's in past papers and everything - and then in the actual exam I get a C???!

I am 99.99% sure they have marked it wrong, if it was a B I wouldnt be so sure of it but it's the fact it's apparently a C and I am so certain that it's not bad enough to be a C..does anyone else have this problem? It's with AQA igcse English lit
Omg hey we did the same exam! And I was quite disappointed with mine because I got full marks for my coursework and the exam was really easy. However I got an A instead of what I usually get. I know it's not a big deal but it was quite a shock. And same thing happened with history, can't believe I got a C.
goldenusername
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by NataliaMSR)
Went opposite for me. Never got above a B in English Literature but ended up with an A star. But coursework can be remarked and sometimes you can feel like you did well but not come out with an expected grade. I did the same paper. Don't worry about it though, a-levels are what really count
how many marks did it say on ur exam result?
romansholiday
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I got a B in English Language Edexcel GCSE, thought that would be an A and I'm 6 UMS off I think so not too sure what to do...
Chloetbqh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by goldenusername)
Omg hey we did the same exam! And I was quite disappointed with mine because I got full marks for my coursework and the exam was really easy. However I got an A instead of what I usually get. I know it's not a big deal but it was quite a shock. And same thing happened with history, can't believe I got a C.

Yeah my coursework was 48/50 and I was expecting an A overall and it's a B overall with a C in the exam?? Wtf
goldenusername
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

do you have the grade boundaries for this year igcse aqa literature?
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 years ago

If you are 99.9% sure then get it remarked abd you will get your money back. You cna also get your exam paper back which you can compare to the mark scheme.
Rajive
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I did Edexcel Keto certificate igcse English literature, F in mock exam but A in the real thing.
Definitely get it remarked if you know you have done better.
emmalulu88
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Exact same ! A star all the time ! C on actual exam. What ?????
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (45)
5.89%
Uncertainty around my education (88)
11.52%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (80)
10.47%
Lack of purpose or motivation (98)
12.83%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (40)
5.24%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (43)
5.63%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (83)
10.86%
Financial worries (51)
6.68%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (33)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (48)
6.28%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.14%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (72)
9.42%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (59)
7.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed