The Student Room Group

Anyone else feel like their English literature was marked completely wrong?

I'm getting a remark because I was on track for an A in English literature , I got A's in past papers and everything - and then in the actual exam I get a C???!

I am 99.99% sure they have marked it wrong, if it was a B I wouldnt be so sure of it but it's the fact it's apparently a C and I am so certain that it's not bad enough to be a C..does anyone else have this problem? It's with AQA igcse English lit
Well..I did Edexcel IGCSE and I felt I deserved an A* but got an A. It's not too bad..but, yeah!
Went opposite for me. Never got above a B in English Literature but ended up with an A star. But coursework can be remarked and sometimes you can feel like you did well but not come out with an expected grade. I did the same paper. Don't worry about it though, a-levels are what really count
(edited 7 years ago)
I did english language WJEC predicted A* and got a B. I got an A in the first paper and a D in the writing paper. Im wanting to so dentistry do you think O should do English Lit this year ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Chloetbqh
I'm getting a remark because I was on track for an A in English literature , I got A's in past papers and everything - and then in the actual exam I get a C???!

I am 99.99% sure they have marked it wrong, if it was a B I wouldnt be so sure of it but it's the fact it's apparently a C and I am so certain that it's not bad enough to be a C..does anyone else have this problem? It's with AQA igcse English lit

Omg hey we did the same exam! And I was quite disappointed with mine because I got full marks for my coursework and the exam was really easy. However I got an A instead of what I usually get. I know it's not a big deal but it was quite a shock. And same thing happened with history, can't believe I got a C.
Original post by NataliaMSR
Went opposite for me. Never got above a B in English Literature but ended up with an A star. But coursework can be remarked and sometimes you can feel like you did well but not come out with an expected grade. I did the same paper. Don't worry about it though, a-levels are what really count

how many marks did it say on ur exam result?
I got a B in English Language Edexcel GCSE, thought that would be an A and I'm 6 UMS off I think so not too sure what to do...
Reply 7
Original post by goldenusername
Omg hey we did the same exam! And I was quite disappointed with mine because I got full marks for my coursework and the exam was really easy. However I got an A instead of what I usually get. I know it's not a big deal but it was quite a shock. And same thing happened with history, can't believe I got a C.

Yeah my coursework was 48/50 and I was expecting an A overall and it's a B overall with a C in the exam?? Wtf

do you have the grade boundaries for this year igcse aqa literature?

If you are 99.9% sure then get it remarked abd you will get your money back. You cna also get your exam paper back which you can compare to the mark scheme.
Reply 10
I did Edexcel Keto certificate igcse English literature, F in mock exam but A in the real thing.
Definitely get it remarked if you know you have done better.
Exact same ! A star all the time ! C on actual exam. What ?????

Quick Reply

Latest