The Student Room Group

National insurance paper copy and job interview?!

I've got a job interview tomorrow, I know what my national insurance number is but don't have a paper copy as it got lost moving house. I've requested for another paper copy to be sent to me, but I've had an email off the potential job company saying I need to bring it to the interview. If I explain whats happened and that theres another copy coming do you think they'd still let me have the job?
Yup it should be fine. Do you have a P60 or some other document with your national insurance on it?
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yup it should be fine. Do you have a P60 or some other document with your national insurance on it?

I don't have any other documentation as I'm 17 and this is my very first job! I don't understand how I'm expected to look after a piece of paper for the rest of my life ahaha
Just explain how you don't have the letter at the moment but you've requested another.
I didn't have mine for an interview but explained that due to moving house it was in a box and a new one was on its way, it was fine with them!
Original post by Anonymous
I didn't have mine for an interview but explained that due to moving house it was in a box and a new one was on its way, it was fine with them!

Thanks! I have a birth certificate I can take and I know my national insurance number if they need it but I do have a copy 'hopefully' on its way!
It's unlikely to make the difference as to whether you can start. I've never needed to provide more than the number anyway. Worst case scenario you have to make another trip specifically to give them the document later but it takes time to get a job set up anyway so it won't matter if you don't have the paper now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending