The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Natashagibbons98
Hey😀

Branch: BSc Adult Nursing
Level: Undergraduate
Uni: Kings College London (2017 place confirmed)
Experience: I'm currently a support worker in a residential care home. I help care for elderly people, many of which have dementia.

However before I applied and was given an unconditional offer from KCL I didn't have any experience within the care industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hellooo,
i just had my interview for KCL this tuesday and still haven't had any feedback yet. How did you get an offer so quickly?
Original post by photosynthesis0
hellooo,
i just had my interview for KCL this tuesday and still haven't had any feedback yet. How did you get an offer so quickly?

I had my interview for KCL on Tuesday too, I was in the 10:15 group. Were you in the same group? It's a relief to hear I'm not the only one yet to hear back, I'm really hoping I succeeded! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 222
Original post by wikiellie
I had my interview for KCL on Tuesday too, I was in the 10:15 group. Were you in the same group? It's a relief to hear I'm not the only one yet to hear back, I'm really hoping I succeeded! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

When did you send in your application for KCL? I sent my application in on the 24th of Nov. Is that too late?
Reply 223
Original post by bmartin3
Has anyone received an interview or offer from the university of Nottingham yet? It's my first choice and I haven't heard a peep from them other than their acknowledgement of receiving my application😕

Hi

Ive applied for Notts as well as four other unis, I've had almost all my interviews and have offers but i'm still waiting for my interview date for Notts.

I only know i've even been shortlisted because there was a clerical error where my application was declined then reinstated because of a computer error. I was emailed to say there had been a error in the system so to ignore UCAS if it said I had been rejected for the time being and that it would be changed back, they said that I had been shortlisted for interview and that dates were to be arranged shortly and I would get a date via email in the near future, that was 2 weeks ago and not heard anything so im thinking they haven't finalised interview dates yet.

Hope this helps xx
Original post by TooCold
When did you send in your application for KCL? I sent my application in on the 24th of Nov. Is that too late?

Hello! Don't worry at all, your application is certainly not late, as KCL organise their selection days from the beginning of December through to the end of February. The interview I attended on Tuesday was apparently the first one they have held so far this year, so there is still plenty of time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
hellooo,

I applied this time last year but deferred my place. I didn't hear back from them for about 3 weeks when I had my MMI
Hello! Don't worry at all, your application is certainly not late, as KCL organise their selection days from the beginning of December through to the end of February. The interview I attended on Tuesday was apparently the first one they have held so far this year, so there is still plenty of time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for letting me know. I was worried there for a second :yes:
I just got an offer from kcl!!! Had interview this tuesday at 10:00

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg yaas, i was in the exact same group! I JUST GOT MY OFFER LIKE 2 HOURS AGO, you might want to check urs to see if u got an offer or not?
let me know goodluck!
omg yaas, i was in the exact same group! I JUST GOT MY OFFER LIKE 2 HOURS AGO, you might want to check urs to see if u got an offer or not?
let me know goodluck!

Well done! I haven't received an update, however, I got an email last night telling me that I had recently been contacted about an update, the deadline for which was in 48 hours?!! Yet when I log onto the portal, which I have many times now, nothing has been updated! I'm very confused.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys
Branch: Adult to start in September 2017, Just finishing Sixth Form
Uni's applied to: Cardiff, Nottingham, Southampton, UWE, Bangor
Previous experience: i don't really have any clinical experience but trying to gain some before i head of to uni but i have much experience to show I'm caring and a people person within my school
Reply 231
Invite to tests at LSBU on 4th Jan. Not heard from Kings or City yet - only applied last week though
Hi everyone! Just stumbled across this thread thought I'd add mine!
Branch: Adult (second degree)
Level: Some Bsc some PgDip
Uni's applied to: Leeds, Manchester, Kings, City and Greenwich
Experience: Lots of retail/customer service, home care and currently work in a radiography department

Currently received offers for interviews everywhere except City, and been offered a place at Leeds! So excited!
Got an interview for Canterbury Christchurch tomorrow. Feeling nervous because I failed the maths last at Greenwich by one mark last week and wasn't allowed to be interviewed. They may invite me back for a resit but it's thrown me off because I passed the maths test at Plymouth and got an offer, and I thought that one was harder! So I've had my confidence knocked back a bit. I'd be mortified if I failed another, been revising more this time.
let me know goodluck!

i got my offer for kcl on friday evening so i'm really happy with that, goodluck to you i'm sure u did well!!
Original post by TooCold

of course yes, dw you're not too late, i only applied like 2 weeks before u around 8th of november so yeah it's not too late
of course yes, dw you're not too late, i only applied like 2 weeks before u around 8th of november so yeah it's not too late

Oh ok, that's reassuring :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 237
Hi, when you all say you received an offer - do you mean conditional?

I've been offered a conditional offer at Northampton on BCC - I had no idea if I'd passed the interview and am really pleased, and those are the grades they say they want in their prospectus.

I loved Cumbria, it was my first interview and I messed it up. I was expecting a rejection but got another conditional on BBC. The problem is, I won't get BBC. I got CCD in my AS levels, my predicted levels are BCC.

I only applied to Cumbria as in their prospectus they state they want CCC. I applied to universities I liked with low entry requirements.

Can universities just demand any grades - wouldn't it be easier for them to reject me? I have no chance of BBC. I really liked Cumbria. What can I do? I've emailed the university.

So I have an interview at Worcester, Coventry and am waiting to hear from Keele (applied in October for a foundation year, so hope they want to see me!) At least I have a realistic conditional offer at Northampton.
I have interviewed at Keele, Staffs and Wolves and had offers from 2. I've been waiting to hear from Keele since 17th November. What is the longest you have waited after interview? I feel like the uni isn't really bothered about its applicants if it can drag it out this long. I had my offer from Staffs within 4 hours of my interview and to be honest it's making me reconsider. Keele was my first choice but I just felt so welcome at Staffs. I can't respond until Keele get back to me but it's incredibly frustrating.
Original post by Barkergirl
I have interviewed at Keele, Staffs and Wolves and had offers from 2. I've been waiting to hear from Keele since 17th November. What is the longest you have waited after interview? I feel like the uni isn't really bothered about its applicants if it can drag it out this long. I had my offer from Staffs within 4 hours of my interview and to be honest it's making me reconsider. Keele was my first choice but I just felt so welcome at Staffs. I can't respond until Keele get back to me but it's incredibly frustrating.

I attended a selection say at KCL last Tuesday, and was told to expect a 2-3 week wait maximum, whilst they totalled and considered our interview/test scores. However, I know of at least one person from the same group who has already received an offer. We were also their first cohort this year, and were told that decisions may be delayed to give equal fairness to later applicants. However, I certainly understand your exasperation, waiting to hear back when other candidates have already been informed does make the process feel more distressing. Nevertheless, no news can also be interpreted as good news! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending