The Student Room Group

Unfinished degree

Hi
I left my Registered adult nursing degree due to being unable to pass my final year assignments. I want to contact the uni about it but it's been over a year now. Don't know what to expect and where to start. I was told that I couldn't continue with the degree if I failed in the final year. It did break me completely. Thank you for your support
Hi there,

You may be awarded a level 5 qualification if you completed your second year successfully.
Speaking from experience, I did two years out of three (at a different university) and had to take time out due to personal reasons, and was allowed a maximum of two years before the NMC stated I had to begin from the start again (though this was back in 2017 and may have changed).

Who told you that you can't continue?
If you wish to continue your degree, I strongly recommend that you contact the faculty and discuss this with the programme lead, and find out why this is, and if there's any possibility of returning

Good luck, and I wish you the best

Nat
LJMU Student Nurse and Ambassador
Reply 2
Original post by LJMUStudentReps
Hi there,

You may be awarded a level 5 qualification if you completed your second year successfully.
Speaking from experience, I did two years out of three (at a different university) and had to take time out due to personal reasons, and was allowed a maximum of two years before the NMC stated I had to begin from the start again (though this was back in 2017 and may have changed).

Who told you that you can't continue?
If you wish to continue your degree, I strongly recommend that you contact the faculty and discuss this with the programme lead, and find out why this is, and if there's any possibility of returning

Good luck, and I wish you the best

Nat
LJMU Student Nurse and Ambassador

Thank you so much Nat
I really appreciate your help
Original post by FKhanom190214
Thank you so much Nat
I really appreciate your help

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get the result you want!

Nat
Reply 4
Original post by LJMUStudentReps
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you get the result you want!

Nat

Hi there,

I did contact the university. This is what I have been awarded a Diploma in Higher Education in Healthcare Practice. Also, I can't retake a final year.
"Unfortunately, it is not possible for you to continue with the programme as you had failed three of the final year modules and had exhausted your resit opportunities."

I am a strong believer in " things happen for a reason"

Fahima x
Original post by FKhanom190214
Hi
I left my Registered adult nursing degree due to being unable to pass my final year assignments. I want to contact the uni about it but it's been over a year now. Don't know what to expect and where to start. I was told that I couldn't continue with the degree if I failed in the final year. It did break me completely. Thank you for your support

What you could do is use the credits and get into a 3rd year undergrad program (I did professional health studies) to obtain your full Bsc and if you wanted to pursue nursing do the MSc in nursing which is a 2 year course. I know it’s pretty much starting from scratch again but you walk away with a postgraduate qualification

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending