Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I'm thinking of applying to St Georges for medicine and it says "standard grade 2 english is required", I got a B in National 5 English, do i meet the requirement?
    Any help would be much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    I assume by "Standard Grade 2" they mean pass Standard Grade with grade 2 or above, which is equivalent to a pass at National 5 (C) or above. So you meet the requirement, and they should probably update their criteria to include that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PTS_99)
    I assume by "Standard Grade 2" they mean pass Standard Grade with grade 2 or above, which is equivalent to a pass at National 5 (C) or above. So you meet the requirement, and they should probably update their criteria to include that.
    Thats great! thank you

ReputationRep:
    I understand where PTS is coming from but I read the entry requirements slightly differently...
    It has always been my understanding that of the standard grades 1-7, 1-2 is a A at nat 5, 3-4 a B etc.
    Regardless, I'd email the university just to check, or send them your results and ask them to confirm that they're in line with their current entry requirements

ReputationRep:
    o_O isn't it weird that all your usernames above end with 98 or 99

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JourneyToSuccess)
    Haha I suppose but its just because the years we were born (I assume) as I've just left in May and the 1999 lot will be in their last year of school and applying to uni this session

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Treen98)
    I understand where PTS is coming from but I read the entry requirements slightly differently...
    It has always been my understanding that of the standard grades 1-7, 1-2 is a A at nat 5, 3-4 a B etc.
    Regardless, I'd email the university just to check, or send them your results and ask them to confirm that they're in line with their current entry requirements
    Standard Grades seemed a little odd to me, Grade 1-2 were Credit Level and equivalent to National 5 (A-C), Grades 3-4 were General Level and equivalent to National 4 (or National 5 D/No Award as part of Recognising Positive Achievement I think its called), Grades 5-6 were Foundation Level and equivalent to National 3, and Grade 7 was a fail. But of course it is always a good idea to call them anyway to double check if your not sure.

(Original post by JourneyToSuccess)
    Yeah mines like that because I'm not too creative

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to university
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.