The Student Room Group

Resit new 9-1 GCSE'S

Hi I was wondering whether you would be able to resit the new 9-1 GCSE'S
Probably i mean it is a GCSE and if you don't pass English Language and Maths they are going to make you resit the exams regardless of the marking.
Reply 2
Yes. As has been said, if you don't pass English and Maths you will be expected to retake until you either pass or reach 18.
Reply 3
Hi, my son got a 3 In English language and is at college doing a course. Course involves him retaking in June. However, is taking private tuitions for English language and considering taking the exam in Nov to get the highest possible grade he can get. Will he be limited on achieving a certain grade only e.g highest possible being a 5?
(edited 6 years ago)
There is no longer foundation and higher for English so he could get up to a 9. But unless college will enter him there you are going to have to find an exam centre where he can sit it, which may be hard as I think he will have to redo the speaking and listening part too. Entries are due in fairly soon, and exam centres have their own entry dates which can be quite a bit earlier, so best to check now
Reply 5
Original post by 2childmum
There is no longer foundation and higher for English so he could get up to a 9. But unless college will enter him there you are going to have to find an exam centre where he can sit it, which may be hard as I think he will have to redo the speaking and listening part too. Entries are due in fairly soon, and exam centres have their own entry dates which can be quite a bit earlier, so best to check now

Thank you all for your help. I've boooked him in a local exam centre to retake in November.

Quick Reply

Latest