The Student Room Group

don't know what to do

I moved to university 4 hours from home and I am now living across the country. I moved in on Friday but didn't stay the night until Saturday but saying bye to my mum once she left was the hardest thing I've had to do. I only decided 4 weeks ago that I was actually coming to uni so i feel like I've rush it. I originally wanted to defer and then work and travel for a year and then decide but I really don't know what to do. I get along with my flatmates fine and have met some people from my course but it is only the start of freshers week, and I hate it. I don't feel mentally prepared for university life. I am gonna give it a couple of weeks but I really don't see myself at uni. I enrolled today but I am putting a face on and all that. I know other people will be in the same position but I really just want to get back to my old life where I was happy coz I am miserable here. Please give some advice I really don't know what to do
Reply 1
Original post by emmax1d
I moved to university 4 hours from home and I am now living across the country. I moved in on Friday but didn't stay the night until Saturday but saying bye to my mum once she left was the hardest thing I've had to do. I only decided 4 weeks ago that I was actually coming to uni so i feel like I've rush it. I originally wanted to defer and then work and travel for a year and then decide but I really don't know what to do. I get along with my flatmates fine and have met some people from my course but it is only the start of freshers week, and I hate it. I don't feel mentally prepared for university life. I am gonna give it a couple of weeks but I really don't see myself at uni. I enrolled today but I am putting a face on and all that. I know other people will be in the same position but I really just want to get back to my old life where I was happy coz I am miserable here. Please give some advice I really don't know what to do

Ok, I know you're nervous and all but eventually it will get better. Just concentrate on your studies and I'm sure you'll be fine. Talk to someone about it, maybe they are having the same kind of homesickness as you.
you need to give it time and seriously think everything through. make a list of pros and cons for staying at university and talk it over with your mum; ask her for her genuine opinion and put it into perspective for yourself. think about your future and what you want to do, consider the best route to reach that. if you get to the end of these next few weeks and you still feel the same - you can drop out and do what you'd rather do.

give yourself some space and time to consider what's best for your future and your happiness and consider any alternatives you could take. if the problem seems unsurmountable; find little ways to work through it. eventually, things should fall into place. if they don't? university isn't right for you and you should consider the other routes open to you.

take it slow, don't jump to harsh conclusions too quickly and make the most of this time :^)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending