The Student Room Group

A*AB predicted grades: is applying for A*AA courses realistic?

So I got AABB at AS for maths, further maths, physics and econs. My GCSE results were 7 A*/4 A. I'm continuing maths, further maths and physics at A2 and I'm being predicted A* for maths, A for further maths and a B for physics.

For physics (Edexcel IAL), I was 17 ums off an A. I'm retaking 1 unit which I got a C in; my other 2 units were high As. My physics teacher told me that I'm currently being predicted a B, but if I show them I'm capable of getting an A in the next month, they'll bring it up to an A.

I'm confident that I can show them I'm capable, but if I somehow cannot, then is applying for A*AA courses with A*AB predicted realistic, or would I be wasting my 5 application choices for ucas?
A lot of university courses (even Russel Group) will still hand out offers with predicted grades 1 grade below the entry requirement. But its better to have your predictions match or exceed the requirement to stand a stronger chance of getting the offer. In terms of getting the grades don't worry, you can do it! I went from abbb at AS to AAA at A2. And just missed the A* in Maths. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest