The Student Room Group

Stomach Problems

I apologise for having to bring this up but what should one do after having had TERRIBLE stomach pain and being forced to go to the loo and having no control..ie felt like EVERYTHING was emptied although BIO people can probably say that that was not the case. What should one do? Drink, eat?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
pushupbra
I apologise for having to bring this up but what should one do after having had TERRIBLE stomach pain and being forced to go to the loo and having no control..ie felt like EVERYTHING was emptied although BIO people can probably say that that was not the case. What should one do? Drink, eat?

are you feamle? period pain??
Reply 2
No period! :biggrin:
Reply 3
pushupbra
No period! :biggrin:

lol, ok just checking! have you eaten anything bad, are you allergic??
it doesnt sound like an everyday stomach thing to me

EDIT: drink!!!!! dilute some lemon juice. it neutalises anything in your stomach
Reply 4
pushupbra

I would phone NHS direct and go and see your GP tomorrow morning.
Reply 5
neha p
EDIT: drink!!!!! dilute some lemon juice. it neutalises anything in your stomach

But stomach acid is, as the name suggests, acidic.

Drinking an acid won't neutralise it, surely?
Reply 6
Are you a med student? Sounds like it! LOL No not allergic and no it's not an everyday problem, rarely happens! Don't know what happened today. I ate:

Breakfast: 2 slices whole-wheat bread with cheese, low fat yogurt

Lunch: Fish sticks with pasta and ketchup

Weight training 2h

2 bananas and protein drink (water)

(Water all day to my meals)

And then it happened. Felt absolutely fine after I came home and took a shower!
Reply 7
Hayley...
But stomach acid is, as the name suggests, acidic.

Drinking an acid won't neutralise it, surely?

i know, thats what i thought, but it stops you from throwing up for some reason, and if you put some grated ginger in the juice it will help even more.
i know acid and acid, but the theory works, i have tried it myself, but be sure to add lots of sugar if you are going to make it
Reply 8
I just want to point out that it is not a life threatening ordeal. I just want some advice on whether to drink and eat and if so what?

PS Drinking lemon juice sounds weird!
Reply 9
pushupbra
I just want to point out that it is not a life threatening ordeal. I just want some advice on whether to drink and eat and if so what?

PS Drinking lemon juice sounds weird!

i know its wierd!!!! im just saying it worked for me, i read it in a book
Reply 10
OK so a take a lemon and squeeze out its juice and is that it or do I add water (hot or cold)? SHould I eat anything?
Reply 11
pushupbra
Are you a med student? Sounds like it! LOL No not allergic and no it's not an everyday problem, rarely happens! Don't know what happened today. I ate:

Breakfast: 2 slices whole-wheat bread with cheese, low fat yogurt

Lunch: Fish sticks with pasta and ketchup

Weight training 2h

2 bananas and protein drink (water)

(Water all day to my meals)

And then it happened. Felt absolutely fine after I came home and took a shower!

Bloody hell, no wonder you got pains... what you have just listed doesn't even count as a meal to me!... you weight train to build muscle or tone?... if you are building then you should be eating WAY more fat and protein... eat more fibre and drink water!... multiply your weight by 0.66 to get the amount of water in ounces you should drink... If you are muscle toning then you should be aming to eat fewer calories than you need BUT eat throughout the day, at least 5-6 times...
Reply 12
pushupbra
OK so a take a lemon and squeeze out its juice and is that it or do I add water (hot or cold)? SHould I eat anything?

squeeze leomn juice, dilute it with plenty of water, add a little bit of grated ginger and top it all off with lots of sugar. cold would taste better but its up to you.
i really dont know what type of tummy bug you have, but this remedy works for people who havnt eaten for a while. its mainly for people that fast but it also helps if you have an upset stomach. dont quote me that it will work, i have no idea as i have no idea what type of tummy problem you have.
if you feel like throwing up, i wouldnt reccommend eating
Reply 13
I've actually consulted a personal trainer regarding eating and weight training and in my case I should eat at least 3 times a day and every meal should consist of half a plate of carbs, 1/4 plate of veges and 1/4 plate of protein! I've done this for a long time and I've never had a problem and building muscle has worked fine!
Reply 14
pushupbra

Drink lots of water, I don't know about the lemon juice thing, but keep up with the water, possibly with some salt and sugar in it (it tastes rank, but it will keep you hydrated) if you're really bad. Only eat if you feel like eating, but your diet is not enough for the exercise you're doing anyway, don't push it.
Reply 15
pushupbra
I've actually consulted a personal trainer regarding eating and weight training and in my case I should eat at least 3 times a day and every meal should consist of half a plate of carbs, 1/4 plate of veges and 1/4 plate of protein! I've done this for a long time and I've never had a problem and building muscle has worked fine!

so where's the fault?
Reply 16
pushupbra

Do you have the runs?
Reply 17
Thanks neha p and the rest of you! :smile:
Reply 18
Well I don't know neha p. Must have been something in the food I ate today or possibly the water I drank?
Reply 19
pushupbra
Thanks neha p and the rest of you! :smile:

no probs! hope it gets better soon :smile:

neha
xxxx

Latest

Trending

Trending