The Student Room Group

Grr

Ok, this is going to sound really stupid, and I'm probably going to get loads of "well go and do something about it and stop moaning" replies but wanted to rant and nice replies would be appreciated even if they have no helpful advice!
My mother has been telling me for the last few weeks that I have put on loads of weight and that I need to go on a diet. I was fine with my weight, I have put on a bit of weight but wasn't too bothered as I didn't think it was that much and I wasn't hugely overweight. But after two or three weeks of not so subtle hints that I'm fat, and it's starting to get me down :frown: Plus to really rub it in today, she asked me if I was pregnant because I've "put on lots of exta weight round the tummy" *thanks mum...not*. I am now going to Weight Watchers, got my first registration meeting tomorow, and feel really scared and embarresed (sp?) that the people there will see how much I actually weigh which even I don't know :s-smilie: Any helpful advice as how to grin and bear the weigh in? Kinda just answered my own question but would like some advice to make me feel better :smile:
Reply 1
maybe its better everyone knows how much you weigh. then when you lose it they can shower you in praise :p: plus everyones there for the same reason so its no big deal.
oh and if i were you i would tell your mum to **** off she looks old or something :p:
by excecping you are over weight , you become overweight.
be productive about it though. keep a diary of what you eat day to day and jus try fitting in little bits of exercise when you can. like if u get 5 minutes to spare before a bath or something do a few sets of sit ups.

you got to fit it around your personal lifestyle. otherwise it becomes a choer.
Are you going to WeightWatchers because you want to lose weight or your mum wants you too? Only do it for yourself!

Secondly, have you been eating because you're bored/stressed/anxious? Mayeb ask yourself why you've put on weight and if it's due to boredom over the holidays why not take up a new hobby such as cycling or just going out with friends?

Thirdly, try not to worry about the weigh-in. The people there are unlikely to make any spiteful comments about your weight and are more likely to be supportive because they are all there for the same thing.

Hope this helps
Reply 4
Maybe now that you're going to WW your mum will lay off as you're doing something about it ... otherwise, tell her firmly that it upsets you and point out that you're doing your best. If you're not hugely overweight then chances are that many people at WW will be heavier than you and you'll have nothing to be embarrassed about - even if not, it doesn't matter as you're all in the same boat. In fact, everyone there should be proud as they (and you) are doing something about it instead of just sitting around feeling bad (like some of the rest of us). Good luck with it all and I hope your mum stops being mean :smile:
Mothers are mean when it comes to weight
I'm having trouble eating at the moment and my mum instead of worrying I may be ill or upset just went "Are you turning over a new leaf? This is good for the weightloss"
I wish you good luck with the Weightwatchers but like the others said, do this for yourself!
Reply 6
:smile: Thank you :smile:
Reply 7
god why are mothers so obsessed with our weight, well mine seems to be but i think this is because she was bullied for being overwright when younger and she can see i'm not happy when i feel "blobby". I'm sure they're only concerned for our happiness. Good luck and well done for doing something about it

Latest

Trending

Trending