The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steveey954
Anyone from Bristol heard anything more after accepting their provisional offers?

No, and I'm getting really nervy about it. My employment history is patchy due to a disability so I provided the details of the manager of an organisation I volunteer at as a reference. Then she said she was going away for five weeks but assured me she would check and respond to any emails. Then just before she went away last week she said she wouldn't be able to check email for most of the trip.

I contacted them explaining this and offered an alternative reference a week ago but haven't heard anything back yet...
Don't worry we're all in the same bristol boat, I dont think anyone has heard anymore since accepting the prov offer. I emailed them to ask how long the checks would take and I've also had no reply. Don't let it worry you.
Reply 1282
Any prov offers for cardiff
Original post by hco786
Any prov offers for cardiff

No. As you know, the email said it will be at least two weeks. The *minimum* time for provisional offers would be tomorrow.
Reply 1284
Lol tomm it is then
Original post by dontcallmesammy
No. As you know, the email said it will be at least two weeks. The *minimum* time for provisional offers would be tomorrow.

Although the Bristol people were offered within a few days. It will happen when it happens.
Original post by Poppelina35
Don't worry we're all in the same bristol boat, I dont think anyone has heard anymore since accepting the prov offer. I emailed them to ask how long the checks would take and I've also had no reply. Don't let it worry you.

You're right, I need to stop fretting. They'll most likely get in touch if they need anything. Thanks!
Hi I've been successful in the internal recruitment for these jobs. I believe everyone that got through the interview for internal campaign has been put on a reserve list and we haven't heard anything since apart from Bristol it appears. I've been on the reserve list now since we found out on 4th November. Hopefully once you guys hear whether you've got through the interview they'll start putting us all into roles come the new year. That said there's been colleagues of mine within the department that have been on reserve lists for upwards of 6 months before they've been placed into their new role.
Original post by hco786
Lol tomm it is then

You seem to be struggling with what "at least" means. You stated categorically and ignored or belittled anyone who disagreed that Cardiff would hear last week. You were wrong. "At least" two weeks means today would be the absolute soonest, however could take longer. To keep stating Cardiff will hear by today does nothing but fill people with false hope and frustration.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1289
Well i have heard lol you havent dont be so negative
Original post by hco786
Well i have heard lol you havent dont be so negative

If you'd heard, you'd have been flaunting it all over this thread by now (perhaps you have - I struggle to read your posts most of the time).

There's a difference between negativity and basic reading comprehension. If you somehow get offered a role, you might want to brush up on the latter.
Come on guys, I've found this thread very useful, as I hope others have too. Let's not let it degenerate into tit for tat. We're all in this together and presumably all wanting the same thing.
Reply 1292
Ok mother teresa lol just kiddin
When we all applied for the jobs, where there 300 jobs nationally?
500 jobs externally and 1000 internally.

I believe this has changed now and they have reduced the internal vacancy allocation and the external have been increased.
I've just had an email for DBS, pension and health checks.

Congratulations! Are you internal/external? Whereabouts did you apply from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too.
Original post by angskuse
Me too.

Me too! Bristol candidate

Is everyone receiving these emails applying for Bristol? Anyone from any other location hear anything yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending