The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1600
Original post by hco786
Has anyone received the emplymenr checks email in cardiff

Yeah had mine yesterday
Congratulations on all the provisional offers!

Just a heads up to people going through pre-employment checks, if you need an Occupational Health Assessment the checks can take a quite a bit longer.

I finally got a start date for 20/02. Exact role is Tax Professional in Small and Medium Enterprises. Anyone else in Bristol in the same department?

EDIT: Also, anyone have any idea what the assessments after the TAP are like?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1602
Hi has anyone received emplycheck emails in cardiff. Also bristol guys with start dates how long did the employment checks take and congrats.
Reply 1603
Original post by hco786
Hi has anyone received emplycheck emails in cardiff. Also bristol guys with start dates how long did the employment checks take and congrats.

Yes. Recieved the email yesterday.
Original post by hco786

Mine took about 6 weeks, but l had an OH assessment that delayed it. Other were done in less than 4.
Reply 1605
Haven't received my employment checks email as yet
Reply 1606
What a coincidence just got my employment checks email just now lol
Reply 1607
How to they check your previous employment details cause they've only asked for character reference not employer reference
I think they look at PAYE records
I've been wondering the same thing! I had prov offer on wkend, Pre-Employment check-email yesterday - But I can't remember if part of the original application was work history or CV....
Reply 1610
Oh yeah ur right it did have cv and prev employment details but I worked in U.K. 2 yrs and In Europe before that . However since they are also recruiting freshers they only want character referee instead of employer referee
Original post by hco786
What a coincidence just got my employment checks email just now lol

What does your employment checks email state? Still waiting for mine 😫
Original post by luwigal
What does your employment checks email state? Still waiting for mine 😫

3 forms to complete (health, Character & Pension info), DBS link to complete and request for 2 character references :smile: x

The salary must have increased significantly because I was under the impression O roles were 26000
Reply 1614
In this e-mail are attached forms that must be completed as a part of your pre employment checks by the HMRC team.

Action 1

To enable us to begin your pre-employment checks, please complete and return the attached forms:

Health Declaration
Character Enquiry
Pension Form

Action 2

Please provide the names and contact details (email address preferably) of two (2) individuals that we can contact to obtain a Character Reference if required. You should not be related to these individuals, and must have known them for a minimum of three (3) years.

These forms / character referee details should be completed fully and returned to us at [email protected] within 3 working days from receipt of this email.

Please do not return these forms/character referee details by post as this may cause significant delays in commencing your pre-employment checks.

Action 3

Please complete your DBS application (criminal record check) by clicking the following link:

www.onlineCRBcheck.co.uk
Reply 1615
Hi Bristol guys congrats did you guys get any options for start dates
Replied last Friday but had nothing since from Cardiff😕
Original post by hco786
In this e-mail are attached forms that must be completed as a part of your pre employment checks by the HMRC team.

Action 1

To enable us to begin your pre-employment checks, please complete and return the attached forms:

Health Declaration
Character Enquiry
Pension Form

Action 2

Please provide the names and contact details (email address preferably) of two (2) individuals that we can contact to obtain a Character Reference if required. You should not be related to these individuals, and must have known them for a minimum of three (3) years.

These forms / character referee details should be completed fully and returned to us at [email protected] within 3 working days from receipt of this email.

Please do not return these forms/character referee details by post as this may cause significant delays in commencing your pre-employment checks.

Action 3

Please complete your DBS application (criminal record check) by clicking the following link:

www.onlineCRBcheck.co.uk

Thank you 😊

Do internal staff need to complete these checks or is it just external?
Reply 1618
I still haven't received anything further regarding employment checks either. Fingers crossed to hear soon!
I sent an email this morning asking where the second email was and firstly got this response

"Thank you for your email. We are currently in the process of issuing the confirmation email to all candidates. These are updated in batches and we can assure you that you will receive the link through shortly.

Thank you for your patience while we update your application."

Followed by this 10 minutes later

"Thank you for your email.

We are delighted that you are confirming your acceptance of your provisional offer; we have advised the Pre-Employment Checking (PEC) Team of your acceptance.* The PEC Team will be in touch with you directly to commence your pre-employment checks.**

Thank you in advance for your patience"

Therefore for those waiting for 2nd email maybe worth asking where it is and saying you wish to accept.

Latest

Trending

Trending