The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1820
What location are you
Original post by krs9519
Yeah it was just because the utility bill I handed in was no longer within the three month date when they were looking through it :smile:

I did think that was perhaps the reason why. Slightly frustrating but it'll be worth it in the end ! Are you Edinburgh also ?
Original post by daveireland20
Just on a side note. Have any of you received phonecalls from resourcing support stating that your documents weren't verified and that you have to produce new ones and return them to the interview centre ?

AAARGH! YES I have just received the most infuriating phone call (from an extremely nice and efficient Manpower worker).

The people who took a copy of my passport and driving license didn't sign all the pages to verify they had seen the originals.

So for my passport they took a copy of the cover and the photo/ID page and only signed the copy of the front cover.

For my driving license they took a copy of the photo card and the paper counterpart and only signed the paper counterpart.

So they do not have a verified photo ID for me. Oh, and it's HMRC's rules that Manpower cannot accept the copies taken by HMRC's own staff .

I now need to take half a day off work to travel to the place where I had the interview, with my documents to have them re-copied and properly verified. Oh, and HMRC cannot make the time to see me until next Wednesday. so at least another week's delay.

You couldn't make it up could you?
Reply 1823
Anyone from Cardiff been offered a formal offer as yet
I'm a Cardiff applicant, I haven't received a phone call or formal offer yet. I sent off my references and forms last week, had my DBS check back last week, all clear, so just waiting on them contacting me, going to chase it up next week if I haven't heard anything.
Reply 1825
Awesum same here sent them an email yesterday haven't heard anything as yet.
Have you tried asking them your scores
Im Cardiff.......emailed the CRB form to them yesterday, they've had the ref's and all other docs - emailed them today for timescales& when formal offer likely to be, as I have to start making child-care arrangements etc but cant until I've got confirmation of pay/hours - and they've said they only deal with pre-emp stuff and should get email direct from HMRC........
Reply 1827
I hope the give a choice of start dates I want to join in April
Do we need to email over the CRB form, I didn't think we had to?
Original post by PyePye
AAARGH! YES I have just received the most infuriating phone call (from an extremely nice and efficient Manpower worker).

The people who took a copy of my passport and driving license didn't sign all the pages to verify they had seen the originals.

So for my passport they took a copy of the cover and the photo/ID page and only signed the copy of the front cover.

For my driving license they took a copy of the photo card and the paper counterpart and only signed the paper counterpart.

So they do not have a verified photo ID for me. Oh, and it's HMRC's rules that Manpower cannot accept the copies taken by HMRC's own staff .

I now need to take half a day off work to travel to the place where I had the interview, with my documents to have them re-copied and properly verified. Oh, and HMRC cannot make the time to see me until next Wednesday. so at least another week's delay.

You couldn't make it up could you?

Nope, you couldn't. It will be worth it though!
Original post by Huxley86
Do we need to email over the CRB form, I didn't think we had to?

HMRC will get a report saying your report is clear or there is a trace. If there is a trace they will want to see what it is and make a decision.

I have a driving conviction and it added a further week to the whole process.
Anyone applied for Birmingham? Had my pre employment checks email on 25th and returned everything the same day. DBS finally cleared today! I THINK my employer has sent off the reference thing as she was looking into my absence record etc. So far character witnesses haven't been contacted and haven't received any other emails etc since accepting provisional offer.
Kind of really worried. I had a few bouts of sickness last year and my current company encourages you not to come in to work even with minor illnesses so I was off for a couple of bad colds. But now my sickness record for last year does NOT look good. What do you guys think the likelihood of them withdrawing the offer is?
Reply 1832
Did u declare your sickness they haven't contacted my employer cause the dint ask contact details for employers only character references
Hi, yeh I declared everything, thought it would look worse if I'm caught lying about it. Yeh you employer is contacted. When you applied for the position you had to give 2 references (not character references). Well I did anyway. I think they only use the character witnesses if they feel they need to know a bit more about you.
Hi all,
Is there any1 who initially passed the online test but wasn't in the high scoring bracket? Have you guys heard back yet?
Because I got a email to say they will be looking at my competencies in the next 2 weeks.
Original post by Billy9
Hi all,
Is there any1 who initially passed the online test but wasn't in the high scoring bracket? Have you guys heard back yet?
Because I got a email to say they will be looking at my competencies in the next 2 weeks.

My friend was in the same boat as you. She didn't get to interview stage but passed online assessment. She recently received email to confirm her competencies had been reviewed and shortlisted for the interview, which she has today 😊 Hopefully you will get an interview too 😊😊
Thanks for that info about your friend,Hopefully I hear back for a interview soon,it did say in the next 2 weeks I will hear something.
Original post by Billy9
Thanks for that info about your friend,Hopefully I hear back for a interview soon,it did says in the next 2 weeks I will hear something.

Hi Billy, I was put on the waiting list after not scoring in the highest bracket although I scored enough for an interview. Had an email last week and had interview yesterday. Mine was for Liverpool and they finish the next round on next Wednesday. Fingers crossed for you!
Good luck to you and hopefully you hear some good news soon so you have the luxury of complaining about how long your “pre employment checks” are taking HaHa.

I’m applying for Birmingham office btw.
Original post by Billy9
Good luck to you and hopefully you hear some good news soon so you have the luxury of complaining about how long your “pre employment checks” are taking HaHa.

I’m applying for Birmingham office btw.

Good luck Billy!

I applied for Birmingham at the end of September last year, passed everything and the interview etc. There was quite a fair amount of time between each stage. I found out I'd passed the competency questions early October and got told to book my interview date around 21st October. Had my interview early November. Didn't find out I'd passed the interview until just before Christmas. Had my provisional offer around 24th Jan and sent all my pre employment checks off 25th. My DBS security thing passed yesterday so just waiting to hear if I have a formal offer or not yet!
Good luck with your application process. I hope they are a bit speedier with you :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending