The Student Room Group

Do I have exams this year? (Year 12)

My school has pretty much failed to clear this up only my sociology teacher has told me that we have an exam at the end of this year and it's the real thing. So is it true that at the end of Year 12 we take our A-levels like we did at GCSE?, also do we have study leave at around march/april And what do these grades count for at my school they said these grades count for us staying at school... so could I use my year 12 a level results to apply for University or do we have to use our Year 13 results? I'm confused...
Original post by 0lut0
My school has pretty much failed to clear this up only my sociology teacher has told me that we have an exam at the end of this year and it's the real thing. So is it true that at the end of Year 12 we take our A-levels like we did at GCSE?, also do we have study leave at around march/april And what do these grades count for at my school they said these grades count for us staying at school... so could I use my year 12 a level results to apply for University or do we have to use our Year 13 results? I'm confused...

If you're studying a reformed subject then I believe that you'll have an exam (that doesn't count towards your qualification) and get predicted grades, with those Year 12 grades being a factor. Check your exam board's spec (the new one) to get clarity on how everything is assessed though. You can apply to uni in Year 13.
Yes, and 1 of my.subjects is modular rest are reformed
Original post by 0lut0

If your subject is new spec you will have an AS exam or a mock. You have an AS exam but it doesnt affect your A2 grade but you still get a grade as AS for predictions
My old sixth form had real exams at the end of year 12 but the one i'm going to now has "PPEs" which aren't real exams but they use them for A2 predicted grades that unis will look at

Quick Reply

Latest