The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queen’s University Belfast Undergraduate Applicants 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Hi there,
I applied for theology in queens last year and didn't get the grades to meet my offer (I got ACC) this year I am doing 2 fast track a levels, therefore in summer I'll be doing the AS and A level exams for 2 subjects (English and RE) and so will have 5 a levels in total. I've reapplied for theology in queens this year and was just wondering what the chances of me getting an offer this year are and if so what kind of grades might they be?
Thank you!
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by emar
Hi there,
I applied for theology in queens last year and didn't get the grades to meet my offer (I got ACC) this year I am doing 2 fast track a levels, therefore in summer I'll be doing the AS and A level exams for 2 subjects (English and RE) and so will have 5 a levels in total. I've reapplied for theology in queens this year and was just wondering what the chances of me getting an offer this year are and if so what kind of grades might they be?
Thank you!

Hi there emar :hello:

If you contact our Admissions team directly giving them a breakdown of your previous A-Level results as well as what you are currently studying, they will be able to advise you further. As you have already reapplied can you also include your UCAS reference number.

You can call them on 028 9097 3838 or email them at [email protected].

Wishing you all the very best with your application!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Good Luck Twitter.jpg
Hi,

I made the application in December and I haven't heard from them yet, is it normal?
I'd like to come in Belfast and visit the university but due to the fact that I'm an international student it's a bit difficult and come there without have received an offer seems useless.
Is there anyone who I can call/email to know something about my application?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by martinaxx
Hi,

I made the application in December and I haven't heard from them yet, is it normal?
I'd like to come in Belfast and visit the university but due to the fact that I'm an international student it's a bit difficult and come there without have received an offer seems useless.
Is there anyone who I can call/email to know something about my application?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi martinaxx,

If you email our Internal Admissions office at [email protected] they should be able to help.

Please include your full name, the name of the course you have applied for and your application number to enable them to find you easily on the system.

Wishing you all the very best of luck with your application! :goodluck:

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi :smile:
any word of when the univeristy might get back to applicants for nursing September 2017 entry ?
Original post by Jellybean18
any word of when the univeristy might get back to applicants for nursing September 2017 entry ?

Hi there Jellybean18 :hello:

The processing of applications for Nursing and Midwifery and the subsequent scheduling of slots for interviewees is currently ongoing but hopefully you should hear something back very soon!

Wishing you the very best of luck!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Jellybean18

Hello again Jellybean18,

Just a quick update! The School of Nursing and Midwifery has now confirmed that the first batch of invitations to interview will be posted out later today.

Best of luck!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
(edited 7 years ago)
For the accommodation at Queen's (Elms Village, Premium En Suite), when I apply in summer, could I ask for a room that isn't the ground floor? I just get anxious about ground floor apartments, that's all. Thanks.
Original post by The Lawful T.J
For the accommodation at Queen's (Elms Village, Premium En Suite), when I apply in summer, could I ask for a room that isn't the ground floor? I just get anxious about ground floor apartments, that's all. Thanks.

Hi there The Lawful T.J,

2017 applications for new and returning students will be opening at the beginning of March 2017.

If you contact the Accommodation Office when you are applying and explain the situation I'm sure they would be able to help. You can call them on 028 9097 4403 or email them at [email protected].

I hope you get sorted!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Original post by Queen's University Belfast
Hi there The Lawful T.J,

2017 applications for new and returning students will be opening at the beginning of March 2017.

If you contact the Accommodation Office when you are applying and explain the situation I'm sure they would be able to help. You can call them on 028 9097 4403 or email them at [email protected].

I hope you get sorted!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Right, thank you.
So the applications open in March?
So what does that mean for the deposit? Because I can't afford that right now.
Right, thank you.
So the applications open in March?
So what does that mean for the deposit? Because I can't afford that right now.

Hi again,

Can I just check if you would be a new student or returning? And if you are a returning student are you currently living in Queen's accommodation?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hi again,

Can I just check if you would be a new student or returning? And if you are a returning student are you currently living in Queen's accommodation?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

Hey, you

I'm a new student (deferred). Last year it was around August when I got the accommodation offer but I couldn't afford the deposit so I had to to defer, so any talk of early applications scare me. Hah.
Hey, you

I'm a new student (deferred). Last year it was around August when I got the accommodation offer but I couldn't afford the deposit so I had to to defer, so any talk of early applications scare me. Hah.

I know that generally new students don't need to worry about paying a deposit until their place is secured which is usually following results day in August but is your place already secured as you have deferred? If that's the case it might be an idea to give Accommodation a call and check. They are really helpful and will be able to advise you.

I hope you get sorted!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
I know that generally new students don't need to worry about paying a deposit until their place is secured which is usually following results day in August but is your place already secured as you have deferred? If that's the case it might be an idea to give Accommodation a call and check. They are really helpful and will be able to advise you.

I hope you get sorted!

Kachela
(Team Queen's)

I had an unconditional last year, but I still applied for accommodation in May (I think). But I'll try and contact them.
Thanks.
I had an unconditional last year, but I still applied for accommodation in May (I think). But I'll try and contact them.
Thanks.

You are very welcome.:hat2:

Fingers crossed you get everything worked out for this year.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Reply 75
Hi I applied for Law with Politics at Queens and put it as my first choice, and I know some other student applied for Law and got offers back too, they do all applied subjects and I only do one; Applied ICT, politics and English literature. I was wondering if you consider subjects like that which would be relevant to the course over subjects which don't really have anything to do with law
Original post by kw43563
Hi I applied for Law with Politics at Queens and put it as my first choice, and I know some other student applied for Law and got offers back too, they do all applied subjects and I only do one; Applied ICT, politics and English literature. I was wondering if you consider subjects like that which would be relevant to the course over subjects which don't really have anything to do with law

Hi there kw43563 :hello:

As far as I am aware there are no specific requirements as to which A-Levels are accepted (with the exception of A-level General Studies and A-level Critical Thinking not normally being considered as part of a three A-level offer). You can read more about how offers are made for those applying for Law degrees here.

If you are concerned the best thing to do would be to contact the Admissions team directly stating what course you have applied for and what you are currently studying (also include your UCAS ID and they will be able to find you quickly on their system).

You can email them at [email protected] or telephone 028 9097 3838.

I hope this helps. Wishing you the very best with your application and future studies.

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey again,

I'm applying for finance and when it asks me what course I'll be studying it won't find any course whatsoever. I've tried different things like the UCAS code, the name & BSc but to no avail. Do you have any idea what's going on with that?
Hey again,

I'm applying for finance and when it asks me what course I'll be studying it won't find any course whatsoever. I've tried different things like the UCAS code, the name & BSc but to no avail. Do you have any idea what's going on with that?

Hi there The Lawful T.J,

Is this problem on the Student Finance website or on Queen's own Finance page?

Kachela
(Team Queen's)
Hello!

Have a question, but don’t know who to ask? We’re here to help.

Get all the answers you need from people who have been there, done that and got the T-shirt. From awkward applications and amazing scholarships, right the way through to what it’s really like in Belfast and beyond. We’ll let you know the craic. (noun: refers to scandal/gossip/goings on, as well as good times)

So whether you want to walk in the footsteps of literary legends, discover new planets that are out of this world, or even save lives, it’s time to start something amazing!

You can read what our student bloggers have to say or check us out on Twitter and discover why you’ll #LoveQUB

Seek Adventures That open Your Mind Twitter_.jpg

How leniant is the University on applicants who missed the entry requirements? Say if I were to get a BBC instead of a BBB for BSc Geography, would I have no chance of being accepted in August?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending