The Student Room Group

Where to apply

Hi everyone need advice on where to apply.

I received a first in my Biomedicine degree, and about to finish my masters in Physician Associate Course. My A levels are Chem B, Maths B, Psychology B, Biology C
GCSE'S Double science A A, English Literature A*, English Language A, Maths A, French A*, Spanish A*, RE A*, Health and Social Care double award A* A, History A*

UCAT i scored 2460, Band 1

Thinking of applying to Keele, UEA, Queens Belfast, Dundee or Sunderland as my UCAT and A levels are not strong but have extensive clinical experience in both hospitals and GP.

Are these good options?
Original post by msp21
Hi everyone need advice on where to apply.

I received a first in my Biomedicine degree, and about to finish my masters in Physician Associate Course. My A levels are Chem B, Maths B, Psychology B, Biology C
GCSE'S Double science A A, English Literature A*, English Language A, Maths A, French A*, Spanish A*, RE A*, Health and Social Care double award A* A, History A*

UCAT i scored 2460, Band 1

Thinking of applying to Keele, UEA, Queens Belfast, Dundee or Sunderland as my UCAT and A levels are not strong but have extensive clinical experience in both hospitals and GP.

Are these good options?

Hi @msp21,

Firstly, you have a really strong academic history as well as some great experience behind you so I wish you all the best with applications. What are you looking to get from the university you study?

As I am an undergraduate student studying Psychology I cannot advise what to look for if you want to study medicine but I can offer things to consider that are not academic when looking at universities such as:

- What is the social life/night life like both at the university and the surrounding area?
- How close is the university (if it is a campus university) to local shops?
- Are there opportunities for you to continue any hobbies/sports you want to keep in your life?
- What is the pastoral care like as well as academic support?

I hope this helps. :smile:

Alia
University of Kent Student Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending