The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London Applicants 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Andrea7187
I hope we will hear from KCL and UCL soon, the wait is killing me! I understand your reasoning, at first I also wanted to put non-LNAT uni, but then I thought that 9000 pounds a year is a lot of money (at least in the country where I come from) and I just went for the top ones, I still hope the gamble won't backfire :biggrin: And also good luck with LSE in their case I guess no news is good news :smile:

I'm sure it won't backfire :smile: At any rate Durham gave you an offer right? And Durham is incredibly good. And yeah same for KCL and UCL... don't stress about LSE. It has bad student rep (apparently no one likes it there? At least I've heard, for law) but let's keep each other updated in the coming weeks xx just keep calm (or so I tell myself..)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by Titania_Fleuret_
I'm sure it won't backfire :smile: At any rate Durham gave you an offer right? And Durham is incredibly good. And yeah same for KCL and UCL... don't stress about LSE. It has bad student rep (apparently no one likes it there? At least I've heard, for law) but let's keep each other updated in the coming weeks xx just keep calm (or so I tell myself..)

No I haven't heard yet from any of my other choices I think it may be due to doing the LNAT on 29th of November. Yes that's a good idea! I was disappointed in LSE because I went to a campus tour there and really liked it, it was my favourite one after Cambridge. So now I am basically hoping for King's because I also liked it there when I visited. UCL was really confusing and I had trouble searching for the right building 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I haven't heard yet from any of my other choices I think it may be due to doing the LNAT on 29th of November. Yes that's a good idea! I was disappointed in LSE because I went to a campus tour there and really liked it, it was my favourite one after Cambridge. So now I am basically hoping for King's because I also liked it there when I visited. UCL was really confusing and I had trouble searching for the right building 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm gonna be really honest here, I've never visited any uni open days except for Cambridge (also for the law conference)... but stumbled across UCL's campus for an external organisation's law taster day, which sucked and was a total waste of money, (think it was by InvestIN?) and coincidentally went for Warwick for a field trip (play for class civ.) Could only rmb it was super cold, but kind of nice looking. Haven't been to LSE/ KCL! Fingers crossed for King's >< was it really pretty? :smile:
I'm a bit worried that Kings because it's a london uni won't be very social. I love
Going out and stuff so would a London uni be a bad idea, should I firm my offer in Durham or here?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lawmanqq1999
I'm a bit worried that Kings because it's a london uni won't be very social. I love
Going out and stuff so would a London uni be a bad idea, should I firm my offer in Durham or here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

London is as social as it gets...
Original post by GirlWithADream
London is as social as it gets...

London unis are different as they arent on campuses like durham, bristol etc. Many people i know who have been to imperial ucl etc say that it is more difficult to make friends, and because going out can be expensive that doesnt happen as often as it would elsewhere

Thats the reason I ask, maybe I have the wrong impression
I'm gonna be really honest here, I've never visited any uni open days except for Cambridge (also for the law conference)... but stumbled across UCL's campus for an external organisation's law taster day, which sucked and was a total waste of money, (think it was by InvestIN?) and coincidentally went for Warwick for a field trip (play for class civ.) Could only rmb it was super cold, but kind of nice looking. Haven't been to LSE/ KCL! Fingers crossed for King's >< was it really pretty? :smile:

I kind of connected all the unis except Durham around the Cambridge open day and went to look around. KCL's Strand reception building looks horrible from the stret but once you get inside it's quite nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, UCL's territory could be considered as a campus. And don't forget that UCL's law faculty is getting a completely renovated building :smile:

By the way, as the deadline for LNAT has passed, we could start hearing from KCL soon..
Original post by lawmanqq1999

Posted from TSR Mobile

I studied at King's (15-16) and it's plenty social. Walkabout, Waterfront, Varsity, halls of residence etc. London just affords you the opportunity of being able to escape from it, unlike a campus uni. Durham will be more of a tight knit community but you also miss out on what London has to offer you. It's expensive but 100% worth it.
Original post by musso123
So does anyone know how long King's usually take in average to notify their decision to applicants? (except for law or PPE since they seem to take much longer in general)

When I applied in 2015 for history I submitted my app around January 10th and got my offer Feb 24th (date is etched in my mind) :u:
Reply 410
I'm from Hong Kong, but I'm technically a Canadian and I study abroad in the U.K! :smile: Oh yeah I really wanted to apply for Durham, but I was so stressed that I would muck up my LNAT that I decided to limit my LNAT unis to 2.. oh well :smile: I haven't heard from LSE... :frown: but KCL is such a good uni, lucky you!! ^^

Coincidence, I'm also from Hong Kong, but technically a Canadian as well. I applied to LSE for law as well, but haven't heard back. :frown:
Original post by EdwardArBrown
I studied at King's (15-16) and it's plenty social. Walkabout, Waterfront, Varsity, halls of residence etc. London just affords you the opportunity of being able to escape from it, unlike a campus uni. Durham will be more of a tight knit community but you also miss out on what London has to offer you. It's expensive but 100% worth it.

Oh ok that is reassuring! I was leaning towards kings anyways, there was just a little doubt in my mind, thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EdwardArBrown
When I applied in 2015 for history I submitted my app around January 10th and got my offer Feb 24th (date is etched in my mind) :u:

I see, thanks! I should expect to hear it around Feb since I sent mine in this year around the same time as you did last year for a humanities subject. :smile:
I kind of connected all the unis except Durham around the Cambridge open day and went to look around. KCL's Strand reception building looks horrible from the stret but once you get inside it's quite nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see...!! Well, still no news today (though apparently LNAT's deadline just passed so we might hear from them soon?)
I see... well, I've googled :tongue: and KCL looks amazing at night! Like something straight from the movies <3
Fingers crossed if we both get offers let's go for an open day together! xD
Original post by Yutyput
Coincidence, I'm also from Hong Kong, but technically a Canadian as well. I applied to LSE for law as well, but haven't heard back. :frown:

Ayyyy my long lost twin! :tongue:
Same, I haven't heard back from any of the London unis...
But I did get an email from LSE about a week ago asking for extra info about my schools (?) where else did you apply for :smile:
Reply 415
Ayyyy my long lost twin! :tongue:
Same, I haven't heard back from any of the London unis...
But I did get an email from LSE about a week ago asking for extra info about my schools (?) where else did you apply for :smile:

I haven't heard back from my UK schools except one. I applied to Cambridge, Durham, LSE, Exeter, KCL. I applied to HKU, CUHK, City U for law as well. I also applied to several schools in Canada for a BA.
(edited 7 years ago)
Got an offer for International Relations 😊😊😊
Original post by Yutyput
I haven't heard back from my UK schools except one. I applied to Cambridge, Durham, LSE, Exeter, KCL. I applied to HKU, CUHK, City U for law as well. I also applied to several schools in Canada for a BA.

Same! But I didn't apply for City. But I gave up for Canadian unis when they asked for supplementary essays because I just didn't bother... TvT for UK I applied for Cambridge, UCL, LSE, KCL, Warwick. where have you heard from so far? :smile:
Original post by gazebo99
Got an offer for International Relations 😊😊😊

Congrats!! That's amazing!! So glad for you :smile:
I see...!! Well, still no news today (though apparently LNAT's deadline just passed so we might hear from them soon?)
I see... well, I've googled :tongue: and KCL looks amazing at night! Like something straight from the movies <3
Fingers crossed if we both get offers let's go for an open day together! xD

Yes, fingers crossed :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest