The Student Room Group

Line breaks between paragraphs

Hi,

My personal statement is currently something like 3970 characters or so and exactly 47 lines. This is after cutting down a LOT and making sure I'm using as little lines as possible.

The problem is, I'm not using line breaks. I seriously cannot afford to cut down on 7 lines out of my personal statement in order to make room for line breaks without removing valuable content; do you reckon that in my situation it would be okay to exchange good presentation for good content?

Thanks.
Original post by TheMoon
Hi,

My personal statement is currently something like 3970 characters or so and exactly 47 lines. This is after cutting down a LOT and making sure I'm using as little lines as possible.

The problem is, I'm not using line breaks. I seriously cannot afford to cut down on 7 lines out of my personal statement in order to make room for line breaks without removing valuable content; do you reckon that in my situation it would be okay to exchange good presentation for good content?

Thanks.

It's your decision.

In my experience there is always something that can be cut/streamlined/tightened up. You've got 3 months to redraft and sort it out.

Making your points clearly in a way that is easily read is a key part of a good ps. You're not going to be rejected for not putting in line breaks but you're also sacrificing your readers ease for your own convenience.
Well hey I haven't used line breaks and I've applied for Cambridge/UCL/other top unis. I think the admissions tutors will understand how limited you are for space. Plus it's really common for people to not use line breaks; you wouldn't stand out for it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending