The Student Room Group

Motivation needed fast !

How can i be more motivated at A2 after poor AS performance CDE, what is the highest i can achieve at A"
MAths, Economics, Spanish
You don't wanna live off your parent's money forever
Original post by JStudying
How can i be more motivated at A2 after poor AS performance CDE, what is the highest i can achieve at A"
MAths, Economics, Spanish

Hey Bud,

I'll say two things. One which is my favourite quotes from Gary Vaynerchuck and the second is something practical which you can use t help you. A woman asked him similar to what you're doing here. Do you know what he said? He said 'Three words.......... You're gonna die!' that's it. Clocks ticking brother, motivation is a state of mind and if you purely rely on it then you're just being an artist. It fluctuates, some days you'll feel it and some days you won't. If you allow work ethic to be dictated by this then nothing meaningful will get done. The practical tip I'll give you here won't sound sexy but then again the right solution never is. Incorporate a study/work routine. Set aside a period of time where you will do work which will get you what you want. No social media, no friends, no distractions. For that hour you will focus purely on that task and work through it, motivated or not. This will suck but at least if applied it will get you what you want. Sometimes the grind is the only way to achieve. Have a think about it bud.

Hope this helps!
Reply 3
Original post by KieranAdam
Hey Bud,

I'll say two things. One which is my favourite quotes from Gary Vaynerchuck and the second is something practical which you can use t help you. A woman asked him similar to what you're doing here. Do you know what he said? He said 'Three words.......... You're gonna die!' that's it. Clocks ticking brother, motivation is a state of mind and if you purely rely on it then you're just being an artist. It fluctuates, some days you'll feel it and some days you won't. If you allow work ethic to be dictated by this then nothing meaningful will get done. The practical tip I'll give you here won't sound sexy but then again the right solution never is. Incorporate a study/work routine. Set aside a period of time where you will do work which will get you what you want. No social media, no friends, no distractions. For that hour you will focus purely on that task and work through it, motivated or not. This will suck but at least if applied it will get you what you want. Sometimes the grind is the only way to achieve. Have a think about it bud.

Hope this helps!

Yes i try the work study balance. And sometimes i get distracted still, when there is a close deadline i am able to work flat out though

Quick Reply

Latest