The Student Room Group

Law degree

Would you recommend this degree for someone who likes to take the easy route? Or someone with mental illness? I want to do this degree but I feel that due to my mental illness it will be tough for me. I am extremely unmotivated and it is hard for me to stay on task. But at the same time, I am a quick learner and I am able to suck things up. Still, I’ve heard law degrees are really hard and I want to do this degree but I’m not sure if it’s the right degree for myself. I also get my work done through bursts of energy, it is hard for me to be committed, I also lack true ambitions, and I don’t like it when things are too hard. I like to get things done fast, will law take up too much of my time??? and is law extremely hard??? Any help is appreciated
Original post by Balhabhal
Would you recommend this degree for someone who likes to take the easy route? Or someone with mental illness? I want to do this degree but I feel that due to my mental illness it will be tough for me. I am extremely unmotivated and it is hard for me to stay on task. But at the same time, I am a quick learner and I am able to suck things up. Still, I’ve heard law degrees are really hard and I want to do this degree but I’m not sure if it’s the right degree for myself. I also get my work done through bursts of energy, it is hard for me to be committed, I also lack true ambitions, and I don’t like it when things are too hard. I like to get things done fast, will law take up too much of my time??? and is law extremely hard??? Any help is appreciated

Law isn't fast - it's lots of reading which you might hate. So it requires a lot of patience. And I wouldn't say it's an easy route either.

If you don't have an interest for it don't do it. 50% of lawyers didn't take law as a degree - although it is easier with the degree to become a lawyer.

Some of it is probably boring as well. So you need ambition and motivation to actually get through it.

Personally, from what I've read, I don't think you should do law
Reply 2
Original post by gregregregreg
Law isn't fast - it's lots of reading which you might hate. So it requires a lot of patience. And I wouldn't say it's an easy route either.

If you don't have an interest for it don't do it. 50% of lawyers didn't take law as a degree - although it is easier with the degree to become a lawyer.

Some of it is probably boring as well. So you need ambition and motivation to actually get through it.

Personally, from what I've read, I don't think you should do law

Thank you so so much. You’ve probably saved my future from so many troubles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending