The Student Room Group

Applying to uni with low predicted grades

Hello, I would be interested to hear anyone's opinion or experience on this situation.

My current predicted grades are BBB, and I achieved BBC in Spanish, Geography and French respectively. I achieved 1 A*, 11 As and 1C at GCSE, and I go to a grammar school (for context)

I am looking to apply for French and Spanish (with or without ab chinese) at university, and I am wondering if it is realistic to think I will get an offer. (I believe my predicted grades are low seeing as I am retaking nearly all of the AS exams and I have dropped Maths)

So far I am thinking of applying to:
Southampton AAB (AB in two languages)
Newcastle ABB -BBB
Lancaster AAB-ABB
Leeds AAB (AA in two languages)
Queens Belfast ABB
Reply 1
Original post by olivialeicester
Hello, I would be interested to hear anyone's opinion or experience on this situation.

My current predicted grades are BBB, and I achieved BBC in Spanish, Geography and French respectively. I achieved 1 A*, 11 As and 1C at GCSE, and I go to a grammar school (for context)

I am looking to apply for French and Spanish (with or without ab chinese) at university, and I am wondering if it is realistic to think I will get an offer. (I believe my predicted grades are low seeing as I am retaking nearly all of the AS exams and I have dropped Maths)

Newcastle ABB -BBB
Lancaster AAB-ABB
Queens Belfast ABB

I highly doubt you'd get any offers with a BBB prediction for a AAB-ABB course, if you do receive an offer the conditions would probably state you need to get the minimum grade anyways. You might wanna look to apply to universities around your predicted grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bhfn
I highly doubt you'd get any offers with a BBB prediction for a AAB-ABB course, if you do receive an offer the conditions would probably state you need to get the minimum grade anyways. You might wanna look to apply to universities around your predicted grades.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh okay that's annoying. I was told by the UCAS lady at school that with language A-levels I'd be fine applying for higher ones, but I did think at the time it sounded a bit risky so I didn't want to take her word for it :smile:
Reply 3
Ahh okay that's annoying. I was told by the UCAS lady at school that with language A-levels I'd be fine applying for higher ones, but I did think at the time it sounded a bit risky so I didn't want to take her word for it :smile:

Like i said, you could receive offers, but i reckon they'd state you'd need the minimum entry requirements anyways, I would change at least 1-2 of them to safer options anyways, in case you don't get the AAB-ABB. Just something I would do, it's your choice in the end

Posted from TSR Mobile
just be aware, newcastle are strict with grades for this course

Newcastle ABB -BBB
Lancaster AAB-ABB
Queens Belfast ABB

I've been predicted BBBA*
My AS grades were poor, so Im resitting 3 modules 2 of chem, 1 bio.
I got BCCD at AS.
Im planning to do Pharmacy at Cardiff which require ABB/AAB.
GCSE's - 9 A's 1 B
Original post by ovo_zverit
I've been predicted BBBA*
My AS grades were poor, so Im resitting 3 modules 2 of chem, 1 bio.
I got BCCD at AS.
Im planning to do Pharmacy at Cardiff which require ABB/AAB.
GCSE's - 9 A's 1 B

Good luck and well done on your predicted grades :smile: I'm kind of annoyed by my school with mine
Good luck and well done on your predicted grades :smile: I'm kind of annoyed by my school with mine

Thank you! You'll be fine, just work hard (;

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending