The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex offer holders 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by notonlyme
I believe they give out unconditionals to those who already have their grades (obviously) and then a select few others based mostly on past exam results (i.e. GCSE and AS (if completed)) , although they also look a bit at personal statement, reference and predicted grades. I believe they start giving out the unconditionals in January.

Got my unconditional offer for the International Business course at Sussex a week back :biggrin:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
I have an offer for Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence. ABB or BBB if I firm (which I probably will). I'm surprised because my predicted grades were only AAC. I guess the two A's balanced out the C? I applied on November 3rd and got my offer on the 25th. Also got an offer frm Aston for BBB (but I just put it as a safe option tbh, I don't really want to go there) and I have interviews at Kent and Essex next week. Still waiting on Nottingham...
Law im predicted AAA and got AAA offer with ABB if i make it my firm choice :smile:
Just received my offer for Psychology :smile:
I already have Psychology A level at A*, so need AB or BB if I firm.
So happy, this was my first choice :biggrin:
Original post by LaurenKSmith
Just received my offer for Psychology :smile:
I already have Psychology A level at A*, so need AB or BB if I firm.
So happy, this was my first choice :biggrin:

I applied for psychology as well :h: Will you be going for an applicant day?
Original post by Shaaayxp
I applied for psychology as well :h: Will you be going for an applicant day?

Yeah I will do 😀 is Sussex your first choice too? :tongue:
Which course(s) do you have an offer from? Economics and International Development

What are the course requirements? AAB/ABB if I firm

What were your AS grades? A in Geography

What are you predicted or attained A2 grades? Predicted; A*BB

What other universities have you applied to? Bath, Loughborough, Lancaster and East Anglia

How quickly where you offered a place? After 1 week and 5 days

What are you most looking forward to? The course (placement), Brighton and a bit of partying here and there :tongue:
Yeah I will do 😀 is Sussex your first choice too? :tongue:

I don't know, I haven't even visited the university yet but I will be going to an applicant day on the 18th February so... :h:
I don't know, I haven't even visited the university yet but I will be going to an applicant day on the 18th February so... :h:

That's the one I'm thinking of going to aswell! I went to the open day and It's so lovely there, got a really nice atmosphere 😄
Original post by xxlilyjanexx
Got an offer for Law today, so happy:smile:
Requirements AAA, was offered ABB if i firmed :tongue:
Only did one AS as the rest were linear, but a B in statistics.
Predicted A2 AAB
Kent and Portsmouth, although I only want to go to Sussex!
Sussex received my application a week ago today, so didn't take long at all.

I also applied for law about 2 and a half weeks ago. If you don't mind me asking , what were you GCSE and AS results? (trying to get an indicator of my chances, i got predicted A*AA)
Original post by Danimillie
Got an offer for Law - AAA or ABB if I firm! Have an offer for Liverpool (my insurance) and waiting on Leeds, York and Newcastle!

hi when did you apply?
That's the one I'm thinking of going to aswell! I went to the open day and It's so lovely there, got a really nice atmosphere 😄

Yay more psychology people! I applied for Psychology with neuroscience, and I think Sussex will be my first choice as 1. NEUROSCIENCE and 2. I can live at home, Southampton will be my insurance. How about you?
Original post by mdowling
Yay more psychology people! I applied for Psychology with neuroscience, and I think Sussex will be my first choice as 1. NEUROSCIENCE and 2. I can live at home, Southampton will be my insurance. How about you?

Congratulations! I'm just doing psych, Sussex will be my first choice, and Oxford Brooke as my insurance :tongue:

I applied for just psychology :biggrin: Will you be going to an applicant day? I'm going on the 18th February :h:
Offer for Law- AAA but ABB if I firm, is this the same for everyone who applied for Law is did some people just get the regular AAA?
I applied for just psychology :biggrin: Will you be going to an applicant day? I'm going on the 18th February :h:

I've literally just booked to go on the 21st of January, it isn't showing one on Feb 18th for me:frown:
I've literally just booked to go on the 21st of January, it isn't showing one on Feb 18th for me:frown:

Maybe it's all booked up? :frown: Anyway are you excited?? :biggrin: I just need one university to smtand out for me :colonhash: maybe it will be Sussex
Maybe it's all booked up? :frown: Anyway are you excited?? :biggrin: I just need one university to smtand out for me :colonhash: maybe it will be Sussex

Yeah I'm pretty excited to look at it more in depth, it's literally half an hours drive away from me though! Southampton was the uni that really stood out for me but I think it will be my insurance as I think I will prefer the course at Sussex and also I can live at home and commute (halls don't appeal to me at allllllllll). where else have you applied/ had offers from?
Yeah I'm pretty excited to look at it more in depth, it's literally half an hours drive away from me though! Southampton was the uni that really stood out for me but I think it will be my insurance as I think I will prefer the course at Sussex and also I can live at home and commute (halls don't appeal to me at allllllllll). where else have you applied/ had offers from?

Is it the halls at Sussex or just the idea of halls in general that doesn't seem appealing to you??

I've gotten offers from Sussex, RHUL, KCL and goldsmiths :h: I'm currently waiting for a decision (hopefully good) to be made by Bath :redface:

You?
Is it the halls at Sussex or just the idea of halls in general that doesn't seem appealing to you??

I've gotten offers from Sussex, RHUL, KCL and goldsmiths :h: I'm currently waiting for a decision (hopefully good) to be made by Bath :redface:

You?

Oooh nice 👌 I've had offers from Kent, Sussex, Southampton and Swansea:smile:
Honestly the halls at Sussex are soooo nice, they're expensive but I really liked them. I just don't think halls would suit me from what I've heard from people who have been to uni/ are at uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending