The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Sussex offer holders 2017

Hey everyone,

This is a thread for people who have received conditional or uncontional offers from Sussex as of 2017!

Which course(s) do you have an offer from?

What are the course requirements?

What were your AS grades?

What are you predicted or attained A2 grades?

What other universities have you applied to?

How quickly where you offered a place?

What are you most looking forward to?

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for setting this up :h:
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Got an offer for Law today, so happy:smile:
Requirements AAA, was offered ABB if i firmed :tongue:
Only did one AS as the rest were linear, but a B in statistics.
Predicted A2 AAB
Kent and Portsmouth, although I only want to go to Sussex!
Sussex received my application a week ago today, so didn't take long at all.
Got an offer for psychology (AAB but ABB if I firm) on the 7th
Reply 4
Got an offer for BA economics with a year placement for AAB, or ABB if firm, and already firmed it!
Got an offer for Computer Science today.
The offer is DDD (BTEC Extended Diploma in IT)
Achieved D*D* last year (8 Distinctions 1 Merit)
Predicted D*D*D* (BTEC Extended Diploma in IT)
Other universities I applied to were Bristol, Bath, Essex and Plymouth
Sussex received my application on 11/11/2016 (So a bit over a month and they sent me an email this morning where they apologised that it has taken that long).
Got an offer for Drama Studies and English today, AAB but ABB if I firmed after applying 4 days ago, so surprised they got back to me so quickly!
I've also applied to Royal Holloway, Goldsmiths, Essex and Greenwich and currently have offers from Goldsmiths and Greenwich and am attending an interview for Essex in a few weeks.
At AS I got an A in Drama and Theatre studies and a B in English Lit as my third subject (Biology) is linear.
A2 predicted AAB :smile:
Original post by fluffnstuff
Got an offer for Drama Studies and English today, AAB but ABB if I firmed after applying 4 days ago, so surprised they got back to me so quickly!
I've also applied to Royal Holloway, Goldsmiths, Essex and Greenwich and currently have offers from Goldsmiths and Greenwich and am attending an interview for Essex in a few weeks.
At AS I got an A in Drama and Theatre studies and a B in English Lit as my third subject (Biology) is linear.
A2 predicted AAB :smile:

Hey :smile: looks like we applied to 3/5 of the same universites :biggrin: Good luck!
Original post by Shaaayxp
Hey :smile: looks like we applied to 3/5 of the same universites :biggrin: Good luck!

Just got an AAB offer for politics ABB if I firm which i intend to do. I also applied to essex and royal holloway but that doesn't matter now cause I got sussex wahaaaaay!
Original post by J0eJ0e994
Just got an AAB offer for politics ABB if I firm which i intend to do. I also applied to essex and royal holloway but that doesn't matter now cause I got sussex wahaaaaay!

Congratulations! :biggrin:
I have AAB offer for Geography or ABB if I make it my firm choice, which I will be doing!
Does anyone know how the unconditional offer scheme for Sussex works? :biggrin:
Original post by Sarah-Belle
Does anyone know how the unconditional offer scheme for Sussex works? :biggrin:

I believe they give out unconditionals to those who already have their grades (obviously) and then a select few others based mostly on past exam results (i.e. GCSE and AS (if completed)) , although they also look a bit at personal statement, reference and predicted grades. I believe they start giving out the unconditionals in January.
Original post by notonlyme
I believe they give out unconditionals to those who already have their grades (obviously) and then a select few others based mostly on past exam results (i.e. GCSE and AS (if completed)) , although they also look a bit at personal statement, reference and predicted grades. I believe they start giving out the unconditionals in January.

Makes sense! Thank you!
Got an offer for Law - AAA or ABB if I firm! Have an offer for Liverpool (my insurance) and waiting on Leeds, York and Newcastle!
I have offers from Sussex, Warwick, Cardiff and Glasgow for Psychology (waiting on St. Andrews)- is Sussex a good university??
I think I'll firm Cardiff but not sure about Sussex or Glasgow for my insurance. How is it's national reputation?
I'm applying for genetics, ABB or BBB if firm which I will!
Offer from Sussex for Law - AAA or ABB if I firm :biggrin:
Waiting on Manchester, Birmingham and Lancaster..
Predicted: AAA
Applied on the 18th November, got a reply on the 23rd
I really like Brighton I've been loads of times, I'd love to live there...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shaloobee
Offer from Sussex for Law - AAA or ABB if I firm :biggrin:
Waiting on Manchester, Birmingham and Lancaster..
Predicted: AAA
Applied on the 18th November, got a reply on the 23rd
I really like Brighton I've been loads of times, I'd love to live there...

I've applied for Law too! Are they your number 1 choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KMLeeson
I've applied for Law too! Are they your number 1 choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so! If nobody gives me a better offer then I'll definitely firm them :biggrin: you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending