The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Why'd you go home then if you hate it so much?
VMB
You lie on your bed. Wishing you hadn't drunk, you sort of wander in your mind from place to place, wondering how long it is until you get out of it.

At least being on something psychedelic you get to wander in nice places, but being drunk you're just drifting in a plane very close to reality. I want to drift out futher, but you've gotta have a head full of acid or even stronger, a five minute trip of salvia to experience the world in 4 or 6 or 20 dimensions. Still tripping on your own is at least somewhat interesting. Coming back home and still being drunk is a bummer, it's hard to fall asleep quickly when drunk too, so you end up rolling about a lot.

There is a meaning we derive from drinking, too bad it's a waste of time and money. So ******* s*** and *******, because swearing is almost all that has any meaning anymore, and even that fails. So maybe you have to commit acts of physical violence to even know that you're still alive.

Gosh! Are you still kicking and alive after you poisoned your liver that much? Your brain cells didn't have much damage because you still could describe superbly what you were going through there.
Reply 22
i present to you, as created by a mate and myself a year or two back...

Reply 23
technik i find that insulting - how can you possibly justify using George Bush to represent the need for 'Whites' to exist? He should have a category of his own, just above emos
I never get drunk on my own anymore, cos if i do i just get depressed about the fact that i'm drinking on my own and then i cry.
I don't know what the OP is on about, but I've been really drunk alone once, only because some friends who where meant to pick me up at 9pm for a night out didn't turn up til 12midnight, by which time I'd drank a crazy amount and had spent the last hour lying on the floor of my flat hall (everyone else was out) listening to MSTRKRFT at a crazy volume & dancing on my window sill. Good times.
Woah. Four dimensions.
Reply 27
NickNack
technik i find that insulting - how can you possibly justify using George Bush to represent the need for 'Whites' to exist? He should have a category of his own, just above emos

the haters just can't handle his quality to be honest!

GWB FTW!
I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking alone (just not drunk like you would be after a night out...), if you have a few cans what's the difference than if you have a few cups of tea except it's alcoholic? I just find the people that come online on here, MSN, Myspace or whatever just to tell everyone how drunk they are really sad and annoying.
WTF?
When I come home from a night out and I'm still pissed I don't roll around on the bed trying to get into new dimensions. I just collapse on my bed (or elsewhere) and sleep-no problem. I actually find it easier to sleep then than I do normally (a lot easier, infact).
Howard
I drink on my own almost every night. 2 or 3 Captain Morgans on ice or a couple large G&T's - just what the doctor ordered!

*tut tut* Pusser's > Captain Morgan's.
Fishfinger Sandwich
WTF?
When I come home from a night out and I'm still pissed I don't roll around on the bed trying to get into new dimensions. I just collapse on my bed (or elsewhere) and sleep-no problem. I actually find it easier to sleep then than I do normally (a lot easier, infact).

Same here. I can remember one time being awake and restless for quite a while, but generally I'm pretty sleepy when I get home if I've been drinking. I find it very difficult to get to sleep normally so the alcohol tends to help.
Reply 32
I rarely drink on my own, because it;s associated with social occasions for me. But it does help send you to sleep, and otherwise whiles away some time!
Reply 33
I dont drink on my own, but constantly find myself drunk on my own after a night out, then stumble onto TSR :redface:

I like how the room spins after a really good night :hubba:
Reply 34
Fishfinger Sandwich
WTF?

the spinning sensation can be quite annoying.

but yea...no attempting to go to the outer limits for me either.
Reply 35
Reply 36
Grizzly

legendary. this is a quality "caption competition" pic
Reply 37
When I was younger, my dad used to drink about six cans a night and it was tough for my mum. To this day, I don't think I would drink on my own
Reply 38
i like to drink water :smile:
I had to celebrate something, but had no friend around. So I had to drink wine alone at home today. Urgh! Well, we need good wine, but need good company as well, right?

Latest

Trending

Trending