The Student Room Group

Chittesh's peregrination to 3 A*s at A-level

Hey guys, to those of you who don't know me - my name is Chittesh and I'm currently a student at a sixth form.... studying at AS-level! :biggrin:

About me

I love maths - it is my favourite subject. I took GCSE Maths in Year 10 and I got an A*. Because of this, I got the opportunity to learn AS-level Maths and take Further Maths GCSE Level 2 (course) in Year 11 - in which I got A^. However, I didn't revise and try hard - even though Maths is my favourite subject. But, now I'm here to change because playing around will barely get me a C in Further Maths... and I don't want anything near that, but much higher as you have probably perceived. :smile:.

To those of you who do know me or have seen my name on forums, (mainly this one), I have started a new thread. My old thread can be found here (after GCSEs till now).

That thread used to be my progress tracker or info about me after my GCSEs and what I was planning to do, before and after I received my results (though the decisions were pratically the same lol - my only worry was if my results would be satisfactory - in regards to my options). But, it turned out to be around a month or so before school started, I just stopped revising and updating it. From the day school started till now, I haven't been revising much but I've started doing a bit since last week.

Don't bother reading this...

Spoiler

Anyway, to reiterate, I have made this my blog to track my progress for my A-level subjects, which are: Maths, Further Maths, Economics. I dropped Physics and I massively regret it lol, even though I'd probably regret it if I had done it :O. Hmmm...I don't think I'll ever be able to prove or refute that, haha...

Anyway, in spite of that, I've decided to carry on my journey and start revising hardcore now and really show the teachers what I'm capable of and also to
share my progress, techniques and skills with other people.

GCSEs: 1 A^, 6 A*s, 2 As, 1 B and 1D (for full info. see spoiler)

Spoiler

More info on my A-level options:

Spoiler

Thanks for reading my thread, I hope I will update this thread everyday with something new and that includes: What subjects I revised (& how long for), if I made/developed a revision spreadsheet, done a past paper/marked it (& percentage/grade) etc.

Here are the links to my posts in this thread - if you are specifically interested in any parts.

November 2016

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Good start and good luck! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ak143244
Good start and good luck! :smile:

Thank you :smile:!
Reply 3
Good luck!!
Haha, now I get to stalk how you're doing as well! :wink:
We have really similar GCSE grades lol, but in different subjects.
Good luck, and I'm sure you'll smash your targets :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by jamestg
Good luck!!

Thanks James, you too!

Original post by NiamhM1801
Haha, now I get to stalk how you're doing as well! :wink:
We have really similar GCSE grades lol, but in different subjects.
Good luck, and I'm sure you'll smash your targets :smile:

Haha, true! :wink:
Yeah, I know lol but we've got 2 A-levels in common so it's good :biggrin:.
Thank you, and I hope so! :smile:
Good luck im also studying economics and maths like you 😌
Reply 7
Original post by nisha.sri
Good luck im also studying economics and maths like you 😌

Thanks and yeah, that's good :biggrin:.
It's going to be fun, hopefully lol.
Original post by Chittesh14
Hey guys, to those of you who don't know me - my name is Chittesh and I'm currently a student at a sixth form.... studying at AS-level! :biggrin:

About me

I love maths - it is my favourite subject. I took GCSE Maths in Year 10 and I got an A*. Because of this, I got the opportunity to learn AS-level Maths and take Further Maths GCSE Level 2 (course) in Year 11 - in which I got A^. However, I didn't revise and try hard - even though Maths is my favourite subject. But, now I'm here to change because playing around will barely get me a C in Further Maths... and I don't want anything near that, but much higher as you have probably perceived. :smile:.

To those of you who do know me or have seen my name on forums, (mainly this one), I have started a new thread. My old thread can be found here (after GCSEs till now).

That thread used to be my progress tracker or info about me after my GCSEs and what I was planning to do, before and after I received my results (though the decisions were pratically the same lol - my only worry was if my results would be satisfactory - in regards to my options). But, it turned out to be around a month or so before school started, I just stopped revising and updating it. From the day school started till now, I haven't been revising much but I've started doing a bit since last week.

Don't bother reading this...

Spoiler

Anyway, to reiterate, I have made this my blog to track my progress for my A-level subjects, which are: Maths, Further Maths, Economics. I dropped Physics and I massively regret it lol, even though I'd probably regret it if I had done it :O. Hmmm...I don't think I'll ever be able to prove or refute that, haha...

Anyway, in spite of that, I've decided to carry on my journey and start revising hardcore now and really show the teachers what I'm capable of and also to
share my progress, techniques and skills with other people.

GCSEs: 1 A^, 6 A*s, 2 As, 1 B and 1D (for full info. see spoiler)

Spoiler

More info on my A-level options:

Spoiler

Maths - Edexcel - A -

Further Maths - Edexcel - A -
Economics - AQA - A -

I am doing linear A-levels like everyone else (Maths and Further Maths are exceptions - they are modular). This means that for Economics - I will be doing the exams in Year 12 but they won't actually count towards my final grade. I will be doing exams again in Year 13 which test AS knowledge alongside with my A2 exams and the results for those exams will contribute to my final A-level grade.

Thanks for reading my thread, I hope I will update this thread everyday with something new and that includes: What subjects I revised (& how long for), if I made/developed a revision spreadsheet, done a past paper/marked it (& percentage/grade) etc.

Here are the links to my posts in this thread - if you are specifically interested in any parts.

November 2016

Spoiler

Good luck on your continuing adventure into the wonderful world of maths! The best thing is that you enjoy it and that makes it a lot easier to work.

Can help with any maths if need be.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Cryptokyo
Good luck on your continuing adventure into the wonderful world of maths! The best thing is that you enjoy it and that makes it a lot easier to work.

Can help with any maths if need be.

Thank you and that's true :biggrin:.
Definitely, I'll be asking a lot of help lol once I need it. I've got a taste of it in C3 trig xD but I think I've just not read the examples etc properly or forgot (so tired, no sleep) lol and I'm sure I'll be fine. But, maybe all these addition rules etc on the next chapter might make me message you all day lol, so watch out XD!
Woo Maths and Economics buddy! Good luck! :biggrin:
Thank you and that's true :biggrin:.
Definitely, I'll be asking a lot of help lol once I need it. I've got a taste of it in C3 trig xD but I think I've just not read the examples etc properly or forgot (so tired, no sleep) lol and I'm sure I'll be fine. But, maybe all these addition rules etc on the next chapter might make me message you all day lol, so watch out XD!

It would be an honour to help a fellow maths enthusiast :smile:
Original post by PurpleFireQueen
Woo Maths and Economics buddy! Good luck! :biggrin:

Haha, thank you :smile:.
Well, I didn't update yesterday but I didn't really do anything and I just started the blog xD.
I done like Maths for 1-2 hours yesterday and then stopped and done nothing (aka watched youtube/messed around) for the next 5-7 hours until I slept lol.

Today, I also done no revision or anything except 2 SMC papers, got a high silver in the 2015 one and a gold in the 2014 one (after 2 years haha I got a silver back when I done it in Year 10). I probably qualified for Kangaroo but I don't know the 2014 thresholds. Anyway, I guessed a lot of answers and got them right because of that and also lost many marks due to guessing too, so I think that balances it out lol.

Anyway, tomorrow I have an economics exam and I haven't revised lol.... tomorrow I've got a free period and I will revise for the economics exam then. But, I feel I know the content anyway lol, idk how.
Well, I didn't update yesterday but I didn't really do anything and I just started the blog xD.
I done like Maths for 1-2 hours yesterday and then stopped and done nothing (aka watched youtube/messed around) for the next 5-7 hours until I slept lol.

Today, I also done no revision or anything except 2 SMC papers, got a high silver in the 2015 one and a gold in the 2014 one (after 2 years haha I got a silver back when I done it in Year 10). I probably qualified for Kangaroo but I don't know the 2014 thresholds. Anyway, I guessed a lot of answers and got them right because of that and also lost many marks due to guessing too, so I think that balances it out lol.

Anyway, tomorrow I have an economics exam and I haven't revised lol.... tomorrow I've got a free period and I will revise for the economics exam then. But, I feel I know the content anyway lol, idk how.

You've done more than me!! I've done nothing this weekend lmao.
I did the 2015 SMC paper the other day just for a challenge and managed to get silver too!! (75 marks) where did you get older ones as i couldn't find any?

Good luck for your Economics exam, I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:
You've done more than me!! I've done nothing this weekend lmao.
I did the 2015 SMC paper the other day just for a challenge and managed to get silver too!! (75 marks) where did you get older ones as i couldn't find any?

Good luck for your Economics exam, I'm sure you'll do fine :smile:

Lol, I'm on fire these days lmao. I don't remember the link on the top of my head but I'll send it tomorrow when I go on my laptop again. It has papers till like 2000 or something lol.

Thanks, I hope so :smile:. I just realised I got no free periods, checked the wrong day lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lol, I'm on fire these days lmao. I don't remember the link on the top of my head but I'll send it tomorrow when I go on my laptop again. It has papers till like 2000 or something lol.

Thanks, I hope so :smile:. I just realised I got no free periods, checked the wrong day lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you, they're not as bad as I remember (although I'd only done intermediate beforehand) so i want to do more now :tongue:

Oh well, you seem confident enough as it is so you should be okay :smile:
Ah thank you, they're not as bad as I remember (although I'd only done intermediate beforehand) so i want to do more now :tongue:

Oh well, you seem confident enough as it is so you should be okay :smile:

Haha, they're quite good and really test you. It's a great feeling to get like Gold, I don't think I ever revised for these challenges, maybe 1 past paper every time. This time I'm really thirsty and I want a qualification for Kangaroo so I'll do 3-4 well I can only do 1-2 MAX tomorrow :P so yeah, no way near how many there are, but I don't think it'll make a big difference haha.

You should do more haha, do 1-2 more I'll post the links tomorrow. And let's see, I flopped my last econ test & I think I'll flop this one too tbh lol. I really want me teacher to go through the papers, I just can't answer the question lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lmao, was definitely drunk last night. Economics lesson and exam is on Wednesday... didn't even have Economics today!
Oh well, lucky me :biggrin:.

@NiamhM1801, sorry just came now from school :/ - link -
http://vle.woodhouse.ac.uk/topicdocs/maths/smchome.htm.
Lmao, was definitely drunk last night. Economics lesson and exam is on Wednesday... didn't even have Economics today!
Oh well, lucky me :biggrin:.

@NiamhM1801, sorry just came now from school :/ - link -
http://vle.woodhouse.ac.uk/topicdocs/maths/smchome.htm.

Hahaha, we all make that mistake at some point :tongue:

Awesome, thanks!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending