The Student Room Group

M&s absence tribunal

Anyone here worked for M&s and been to an absence tribunal or know what happens? I was told being off 3 different times regardless for how long over a 12 week period would trigger you getting one. I'm currently on my third off with a cold and so haven't officially been told to go to one yet but I know I will. I have been off for legit sickness each time but none with a doctors note. Anyone know what they will do or ask and what the consequences are?
Original post by Worrieddd
Anyone here worked for M&s and been to an absence tribunal or know what happens? I was told being off 3 different times regardless for how long over a 12 week period would trigger you getting one. I'm currently on my third off with a cold and so haven't officially been told to go to one yet but I know I will. I have been off for legit sickness each time but none with a doctors note. Anyone know what they will do or ask and what the consequences are?

Maybe one for @M&S Careers team?

I was in a similar position to you, but back in 2011, so the process has probably changed enormously.
Reply 2
Original post by Roving Fish
Maybe one for @M&S Careers team?

I was in a similar position to you, but back in 2011, so the process has probably changed enormously.

Yeah I think this 3 times in 12 weeks is quite a new thing according to my last back to work interview. I can't see any info online and I guess I'll find out tomorrow but I just hope the absence tribunal won't decide to fire me or something :/
Surely they have a staff handbook that explains it all?

You go, they ask questions and you probide an explanation, they listen and then make a decision.
Reply 4
Original post by 999tigger
Surely they have a staff handbook that explains it all?

You go, they ask questions and you probide an explanation, they listen and then make a decision.

Couldn't find anything in it unfortunately
Original post by Worrieddd
Couldn't find anything in it unfortunately

Ask HR or maybe the union rep or just an experienced staff member. I cnat believe the procedure isnt easily available.

M&S absence again.PNG
How old is that policy above? Is that the current one?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending