The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Fair enough

I don't want to go to these sites cause I know I'm going to be attacked by very religious people, something (unfortunately) I'm not.
I just want to talk to someone who has gone through similar

Ok but cant you talk to friends or somethin?
Are all your friends medievel pakistani guys or girls who will ***** about you?
WHY TURN TO INTERNET ?
WHY TURN TO TSR ?

Do you seriously think you'll get the advice or help you need in this forum? huh?
@Zamestaneh. or @Zamestaneh

I'm being accused of being you... help me out here?

ain't avoiding just don't want to bother with you. you want a google link zamestaneh, here's one :biggrin:

http://myvintageseoul.tumblr.com/post/122003362444/surat-an-nas

not that it proves jack **** which is why you haven't answered the thing about arabic not being spoken by all Muslims

Wallahi adheem it is not me.

Who is Anon #5?

Btw, if you want to give trolls a Quran test, you test them with raw Arabic and ask them to transliterate it using their own understanding of Tajweed, not the way you did, because googling Surahs are easy.

Anon #5, transliterate into English:

It's so hard but sometimes you have to follow your heart, Allah would not have put him infront of you if it wasn't meant to be.
are u the same anon from an another thread where you said sex before marriage is permissible and allah swt would reward you for it? :rofl:

what no (?) I've never said allah rewards for sex before marriage, I don't think Allah rewards for any kind of sex be it haram or halal. however my marriage to my husband is halal and very much permissible
Original post by Zamestaneh
Wallahi adheem it is not me.

Who is Anon #5?

Btw, if you want to give trolls a Quran test, you test them with raw Arabic and ask them to transliterate it using their own understanding of Tajweed, not the way you did, because googling Surahs are easy.

Anon #5, transliterate into English:

Stupidly, I didn't think of that.

Anon #5 is a lost soul from what it seems. She keeps talking about her different 'views', do you know what kind of view she could possibly be referring to? Sounds like a complete contradiction to me...
what no (?) I've never said allah rewards for sex before marriage, I don't think Allah rewards for any kind of sex be it haram or halal. however my marriage to my husband is halal and very much permissible

Prove it.

Your marriage to an atheist is permissible how?
Original post by Lost Her Way
It's so hard but sometimes you have to follow your heart, Allah would not have put him infront of you if it wasn't meant to be.

So if I was in a taxi and it broke down outside a pub and I was a little thirsty, I could drink alcohol because Allah put the pub there in front of me?

It's a trial, not a blessing.
So if I was in a taxi and it broke down outside a pub and I was a little thirsty, I could drink alcohol because Allah put the pub there in front of me?

It's a trial, not a blessing.

Love is pure, alcohol is just :ahhhhh:

oh ok. Thats what this one girl said a while back and tried to convince the op to have sex as much as possible :laugh:
Love is pure, alcohol is just :ahhhhh:

Love isn't pure if it's tainted by Haram.

When the Muslims migrated from Mecca to Medinah during the time of the Prophet (SAW), the Muslims were divorced from their pagan spouses and then more legislation was revealed in the Quran restricting marriage even more, as well as providing more general instructions for the believers. Love doesn't mean a thing when Allah reveals guidance and instructions to Muslims.

Love is minor, but people talk with conjecture because they want to do what they want, love who they want etc without listening to what Allah says He wants, what He allows and what He forbids.
Reply 191
The reason I've put Pakistani Muslims because I believe no one really understands the backward nature of Pakistani culture unless you're in it

Sorry in advance about the bad spelling/grammar, I'm not the best at writing.

So I'm 25 years old, have a reputable well paid job, live on my own and I have a white boyfriend. We've been going out for a couple of years now, and I know we both ( if things continue to go really well) are thinking about marriage now.

The biggest obstacle is my parents who are I own are going to be absolutely devastated- and I really cant stress this enough. To them to marry a BRITISH Pakistani is like - whoa ( if you want a decent a guy you'd marry from back home where you can be truly sure of the persons character). So never mind a white guy.

My boyfriend - now I know you're going to be skeptical the following because you think I'm in love so can't see any bad, believe me I can but this guy, is 1 in a million. A kind, intelligent, 'good hearted' type of guy. I know I'm very lucky to have found someone like him, and the thought of letting him go is unbearable.

I love my family I really do, and my parents are kind people but its been ingrained in them that family honour within the community is extremely
important. And I know they love me as well, but I KNOW they would rather I married no one than a white guy. And that to me is unimaginable because all I've every wanted is a family of my own. I wouldnt be just losing my parents, but my relatives and religious Muslim friends as well :frown:

I would like advice from other Asians who have seen or experienced themselves how it all pans out if the couple marry regardless of their parents view. Do the parents eventually come round ? :frown:

Sorry this has been a bit of a rant.
Basically I've met an amazing guy whom I want to marry but I don't want to lose family. What do I do....

I understand what you are going through, im guessing your parents are first generation British citizens, I know I cant say anything to help you but rest assure that if and when you have kids, If its with a guy you love or a guy your forced to marry or oppressed until you marry the guy, that cultural divide which your parents believe in , wont exist anymore. trust me I know third and fourth generation Pakistani communities around where I live and they accept any body for their child to marry. the only thing they look at is status, background, religion, and piety, well that's what they say but they probably look for money.
oh ok. Thats what this one girl said a while back and tried to convince the op to have sex as much as possible :laugh:

Wallahi that was not me. I know my marriage is permissible but I don't get why someone would say Allah rewards sex. i men why would he reward you for sticking your genitals in someone else's hardly a difficult thing to do :s-smilie:
Love isn't pure if it's tainted by Haram.

When the Muslims migrated from Mecca to Medinah during the time of the Prophet (SAW), the Muslims were divorced from their pagan spouses and then more legislation was revealed in the Quran restricting marriage even more, as well as providing more general instructions for the believers. Love doesn't mean a thing when Allah reveals guidance and instructions to Muslims.

Love is minor, but people talk with conjecture because they want to do what they want, love who they want etc without listening to what Allah says He wants, what He allows and what He forbids.

Social norms change and those rules which worked than have to be adapted to fit the world of today.
Social norms change and those rules which worked than have to be adapted to fit the world of today.

God's morals don't change, only those of the disbelievers and hypocrites changes.
God's morals don't change, only those of the disbelievers and hypocrites changes.

At uni I wear my hijab but at home I can take it off so the situation does matter and these rules worked then but now things have to adapt to society.
At uni I wear my hijab but at home I can take it off so the situation does matter and these rules worked then but now things have to adapt to society.

Troll harder.
Prove it.

How about you prove the supernatural being which you are using as an excuse to control the sexual activity of other people?
The reason I've put Pakistani Muslims because I believe no one really understands the backward nature of Pakistani culture unless you're in it

Sorry in advance about the bad spelling/grammar, I'm not the best at writing.

So I'm 25 years old, have a reputable well paid job, live on my own and I have a white boyfriend. We've been going out for a couple of years now, and I know we both ( if things continue to go really well) are thinking about marriage now.

The biggest obstacle is my parents who are I own are going to be absolutely devastated- and I really cant stress this enough. To them to marry a BRITISH Pakistani is like - whoa ( if you want a decent a guy you'd marry from back home where you can be truly sure of the persons character). So never mind a white guy.

My boyfriend - now I know you're going to be skeptical the following because you think I'm in love so can't see any bad, believe me I can but this guy, is 1 in a million. A kind, intelligent, 'good hearted' type of guy. I know I'm very lucky to have found someone like him, and the thought of letting him go is unbearable.

I love my family I really do, and my parents are kind people but its been ingrained in them that family honour within the community is extremely
important. And I know they love me as well, but I KNOW they would rather I married no one than a white guy. And that to me is unimaginable because all I've every wanted is a family of my own. I wouldnt be just losing my parents, but my relatives and religious Muslim friends as well :frown:

I would like advice from other Asians who have seen or experienced themselves how it all pans out if the couple marry regardless of their parents view. Do the parents eventually come round ? :frown:

Sorry this has been a bit of a rant.
Basically I've met an amazing guy whom I want to marry but I don't want to lose family. What do I do....

If your boyfriend is willing to convert to Islam then you should be fine, even though having a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship is haram you can still repent, if you both love eachother then I suggest you both get married straight having a nikkah is the most important thing, where it comes to your family, then Allah will show them sense, trust me ive seen scenarios like this many times, okay if you both get married your family might disown you, but what do you have to worry about you have your own home, you and your partner can live together peacefully, I know losing your family will be heartbreaking but it won't be forever, just do what your heart says, and make your relationship halal, everything will be okay, if you truly believe in Allah then do the right thig remember culture has nothing to do with islam, islam is beautiful and wants its ummah to stay happy always.
Original post by Fred5134
All of your posts are irrelevant and you spout commands at people based on a supernatural theory with absolutely no evidence behind it at all. It's as retarded as two people discussing the composition of the moon, and a third man walks in and tells them that it's made of cheese and anything to the contrary is irrelevant.

Dr Fred, perhaps you haven't realised that this is a thread made by a Muslim and asking other Muslims for advice, and others who claim to be Muslim are talking about what Islam teaches regarding issues raised in the OP. Your objections to us believing in God are irrelevant here, so take your bigotry to the Religion section.

Latest

Trending

Trending